Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

GWT Designer plugin and SmartGWT 2.4 problem

Only for a week I have been converting myself from C#, ASP.Net, jQuery and such to java, GWT and SmartGWT and it was all great experience. Partially thanks to the great posts on this forum so before I will outline my problem let me say 'hello' and 'thank you'. So here we go

Hello!
    Thank you ;)

And now the problem. I was using GWT Designer and everything was fine until I tried to put any SmartGWT objects. As soon as I add the first one I'm getting the error

Code:

WindowBuilder encountered unexpected internal error. Please contact support.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to invoke native method: @com.smartgwt.client.widgets.BaseWidget::draw() with 0 arguments.
    I have seen few posts about similar issues but in most cases the problem seemed to be the order of inherits in the *.gwt.xml file. I'm sure that is not the case here. I have also seen people complaining that something broke their code after upgrading to SmartGWT 2.3 or 2.4 so I have experimented with few versions.

I'm using

Eclipse Helios 3.6.1
    GWT Designer 8.1.1
    GWT 2.1
    SmartGWT 2.1, 2.4, 2.5 (most recent nightly build)
    Browser - N/A problem in the IDE

everything is fine when I revert to SmartGWT 2.1 but when I will load jars for 2.4 or 2.5 and try to open GWT Designer with the simplest document with any SmartGWT widget I'm getting the above error. Here is the stack

Code:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to invoke native method: @com.smartgwt.client.widgets.BaseWidget::draw() with 0 arguments.
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.webkit.LowLevelWebKit.invoke(LowLevelWebKit.java:144)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.webkit.ModuleSpaceWebKit.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceWebKit.java:102)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:583)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeVoid(ModuleSpace.java:330)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeVoid(JavaScriptHost.java:107)
    	at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.BaseWidget.draw(BaseWidget.java)
    	at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.BaseWidget.getElement(BaseWidget.java:289)
    	at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.BaseWidget.getElement(BaseWidget.java:261)
    	at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.ComplexPanel.add(ComplexPanel.java:94)
    	at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.HorizontalPanel.add(HorizontalPanel.java:49)
    	at lofix.hermes.client.view.MainPageView_BinderImpl_designTime1297199056606.createAndBindUi(MainPageView_BinderImpl_designTime1297199056606.java:31)
    	at lofix.hermes.client.view.MainPageView_BinderImpl_designTime1297199056606.createAndBindUi(MainPageView_BinderImpl_designTime1297199056606.java:1)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    	at com.instantiations.designer.core.utils.reflect.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethod(ReflectionUtils.java:736)
    	at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.uibinder.parser.UiBinderParser.parse0(UiBinderParser.java:116)
    	at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.uibinder.parser.UiBinderParser.access$0(UiBinderParser.java:102)
    	at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.uibinder.parser.UiBinderParser$1.run(UiBinderParser.java:90)
    	at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.uibinder.parser.UiBinderContext.runDesignTime(UiBinderContext.java:141)
    	at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.uibinder.parser.UiBinderParser.parse(UiBinderParser.java:87)
    	at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.uibinder.editor.UiBinderDesignPage.parse(UiBinderDesignPage.java:88)
    	at com.instantiations.designer.core.xml.editor.XMLDesignPage.internal_refreshGEF(XMLDesignPage.java:371)
    	at com.instantiations.designer.core.xml.editor.XMLDesignPage.access$2(XMLDesignPage.java:363)
    	at com.instantiations.designer.core.xml.editor.XMLDesignPage$7$1.run(XMLDesignPage.java:338)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:179)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4584)
    	at com.instantiations.designer.core.xml.editor.XMLDesignPage$7.run(XMLDesignPage.java:335)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:507)
    	at com.instantiations.designer.core.xml.editor.XMLDesignPage.internal_refreshGEF_withProgress(XMLDesignPage.java:356)
    	at com.instantiations.designer.core.xml.editor.XMLDesignPage.internal_refreshGEF(XMLDesignPage.java:310)
    	at com.instantiations.designer.core.xml.editor.UndoManager.refreshDesignerEditor(UndoManager.java:218)
    	at com.instantiations.designer.core.xml.editor.UndoManager.activate(UndoManager.java:71)
    	at com.instantiations.designer.core.xml.editor.XMLDesignPage.setActive(XMLDesignPage.java:145)
    	at com.instantiations.designer.core.xml.editor.AbstractXMLEditor.pageChange(AbstractXMLEditor.java:277)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart$2.widgetSelected(MultiPageEditorPart.java:290)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:234)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1077)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1062)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:774)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.setSelection(CTabFolder.java:2743)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.onMouse(CTabFolder.java:1429)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder$1.handleEvent(CTabFolder.java:257)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
    	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:115)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1383)
    Please help!

Same here. As soon as i remove the smartgwt import from the Module.gwt.xml
    descriptor, WindowBuilder works again.

Also SmartGWT is throwing some serious exceptions lately during runtime:

Code:
    16:57:18.222 [ERROR] [Module] Unable to load module entry point class com.smartgwt.client.SmartGwtEntryPoint (see associated exception for details)
    com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): Cannot read property 'fireReplyCallback' of undefined
     stack: TypeError: Cannot read property 'fireReplyCallback' of undefined
    	at unknown source
    	at __gwt_jsInvoke (http://localhost:8080/project/Module/hosted.html?Module:76:35)
    	at http://localhost:8080/project/Module/hosted.html?Module:280:16
    	at B (http://localhost:8080/project/Module/Module.nocache.js:2:139)
    	at http://localhost:8080/project/Module/Module.nocache.js:14:560
     arguments: fireReplyCallback,
     type: non_object_property_load
     __gwt_ObjectId: 1
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:237)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:129)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeVoid(ModuleSpace.java:289)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeVoid(JavaScriptHost.java:107)
    	at com.smartgwt.client.SmartGwtEntryPoint.init(SmartGwtEntryPoint.java)
    	at com.smartgwt.client.SmartGwtEntryPoint.onModuleLoad(SmartGwtEntryPoint.java:193)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.onLoad(ModuleSpace.java:396)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.loadModule(OophmSessionHandler.java:183)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:510)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:352)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Comment

Working...
    X