No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ComboBoxItem width & height in nightlies

1. LGPL 3/22/13 through 4/1/13 SmartGWT 3.1p nightly build

2. IE 10, FF 19.0.2, Chrome Version 26.0.1410.43 m

It started when I updated our project from the LGPL 11/29 production build of SmartGWT 3.1 to the 3/22 nightly LGPL 3.1p build and continues to plague our site every day I try with the latest nightly, on up until today's 4/1 nightly.

The issue is dropdowns everywhere on our website take 2-3 expansions to grown to their full height and width.

First click, the dropdown is the same width as the component in the form regardless of the width of the items in the list and the height is very short, in turn displaying both a vertical and horizontal scrollbar - maybe 5-6 items, regardless of how many are in the list or the resolution of the screen.

Second click, in the case where there are not that many items in the list and the widest item in the list is not THAT wide, it will auto-adjust this second expansion and show the dropdown without the scrollbars.

In the case where there are a lot of items in the dropdown, it appears to adjust the height some, and the width is slightly wider but there is still a horizontal scrollbar. Its not until the third expansion of the dropdown, in this case with a lot of items, does the dropdown redraw normally with just the vertical scrollbar and the width adjusting the maximum width of the widest item in the dropdown with no horizontal scrolling necessary.

95% of our dropdowns are defined with display and value fields and we do not explicitly call setDropdownWidth, we allow it to grow to the widest item in the list. We also define the fields with ListGridField objects and set the data using the setOptionDataSource method.

In 5% of our site where we use the simpler setValueMap method to build the ComboboxItem data, the same redraw issue is happening.

Any ideas? I originally updated from the 11/29 3.1 LGPL production build to the 3/22 nightly because that nightly build fixed the randomly missing tooltips issue when mousing over icons throughout our site, but I'm thinking it might be better to revert to the production build and deal with the tooltip issue since the dropdown behavior is now and even greater issue.

Thanks for any help.

- rlb

From a brief look, samples do not show this effect. We can't help unless we have a way to reproduce the problem.

We'd suggest first looking at whether you have external CSS that's being applied to the component. Also, check your DOCTYPE, which should be the HTML5 DOCTYPE.

Comment

Working...
    X