Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Memory Leak in Complex Applications

SmartClient Version: v8.3_2012-11-20/LGPL Development Only (built 2012-11-20)

Windows 7

IE9

We have a quite complex SmartGWT application and it has a severe memory leak problem. I searched old threads and knew that it may be caused by RPC calls. I tried the offical Smart GWT showcase and tested several samples without using any RPC calls by opening and closing the samples repeatedly and I still found memory leak problem in these very simple samples. Although the leak in your showcase is not very severe, the complexity in our application exaggerates the leak by several folds.

Do you think the memory leak problem in most samples in the showcase is caused by IE9? Could you provide any suggestions or workarounds to slow down the memory leak for large and complex applications?

It's easy to detect a false leak - the browser does not reclaim all memory immediately when closing pages or tabs.

To show a real leak you need to demonstrate that the entire system ultimately runs out of memory.

We have no known leaks of this kind in the framework. If you think there might be one, you need to show a test case that demonstrates that memory runs out if it is run repeatedly.

Comment

Working...
    X