Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Both of these workarounds are not valid in my case. I cannot recreate the entire gui just because I want to move elements around. I tried one of the suggestions, which is a little simpler in my case.
    I don't understand why bugs cannot be fixed instead of trying to force me to rewrite my entire mechanism to workaround bugs.
    Rottem

Comment

Assuming we confirm a bug here, it's going to be fixed. But as you do not have support or even a license, and the bug is obscure, it's not high in the priority queue at the moment. That's why we offered workarounds.

Comment

Workarounds that don't work

Comment

The second workaround cannot help but work, you just refuse to apply it.

Rather than complaining that you aren't getting enough free help with your free product, you could use the workaround that definitely works: become a customer so that you support the project you depend on, and get this bug (which affects only you) addressed sooner.

Comment

Note that wrapping the form you are trying to reuse into a new Canvas or Layout each time you apply it to the CanvasItem (such that setCanvas() is always called with some widget that gets discarded) would probably fix the issue as well.

Comment

This has now been addressed in 3.1p and 4.0d - please retest with a nightly build of January 20 or later

Comment

Working...
              X