Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Server DataSourceLoader WARN on unused attribute in .ds.xml?

I've been banging my head against a wall trying to figure out why a fetchRelatedData wasn't working, finally to discover that I'd misspelled an attribute name in one of my .ds.xml files. Since Isomorphic doesn't have a DTD or Schema for the DataSource XML definitions, would it be possible to have the DataSourceLoader log a WARN if it encounters an attribute that it doesn't recognize, so that misspelled fields will be easier to catch?

The problem is that .ds.xml files are an extensible format, so we can't just warn about added attributes, and most means of creating a formal extension mechanism (eg XML schema inheritance) are too complex for the typical user.

The recommendation for now is just to remember that typos are a possible type of error. Typos are pretty easy to spot, it's just that coding Java, one gets used to them being impossible, and so never looks for them.

Comment

Originally posted by chrylis View Post
      I've been banging my head against a wall trying to figure out why a fetchRelatedData wasn't working, finally to discover that I'd misspelled an attribute name in one of my .ds.xml files. Since Isomorphic doesn't have a DTD or Schema for the DataSource XML definitions, would it be possible to have the DataSourceLoader log a WARN if it encounters an attribute that it doesn't recognize, so that misspelled fields will be easier to catch?
      Hi,

I just found this thread while searching for some information. If it is still a concern for you, you can start with my XSD from this thread and modify it to your needs.

Best regards,
      Blama

Comment

Working...
      X