Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Mass update doesnt work for listgrid deletes?

I am evaluating SmartGWTEE Pro and have a question about the mass update functionality.

I have set listGrid.setAutoSaveEdits(false) and this is working great for new records or changes, just like in the showcase mass update example. The user can build up a number of changes to a listgrid and then choose to save or discard all edits in the current transaction.

But I also want to include *deleting* records from the grid in the mass update transaction. So I turn on record deleting using listGrid.setCanRemoveRecords(true). But when I click on the delete icon, it issues an *immediate* delete command to the database, bypassing the autoSaveEdits flag.

What am I missing here? I couldn't seem to find anything in the doc to suggest this wouldn't work.

M

We plan to add a feature for delayed deletion, where rows marked for deletion are rendered in strikethrough and there is an undelete button. You can do this today via a combination of formatters and event handlers, or you can sponsor the feature to have it delivered on your timetable.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by Isomorphic
      a feature for delayed deletion, where rows marked for deletion are rendered in strikethrough and there is an undelete button
      Is this already part of the framework?

Comment

No, this has not yet been added to the framework.

Comment

Working...
        X