Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Looking for the code example of FileItem editor for grid

I found the next idea (http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/javadoc/com/smartgwt/client/docs/Editing.html):

"you cannot use an upload control embedded within a ListGrid row to upload files (regardless of whether you use FileItem or UploadItem). This is because, in the browser's security model, native HTML upload controls cannot be re-created and populated with a chosen file, and the ListGrid needs to be able to re-create editors at any time in order to handle loading data on scroll, scrolling editors in and out of view, adding new rows, changing sort direction, and other use cases.

However you can create an editor with a FormItem icon that pops up a separate Window containing a FileItem in a DynamicForm, so long as the form in the Window saves the uploaded file immediately rather than trying to have the grid perform the save."

I'm looking for such code example. I have a ListGrid that contains the list of properties that I want to edit. One of the properties is the file name that currently I'm using TextItem to edit. It would be nice if I can use the FileItem to select the file name from the specified directory. BTW another question is how to specify the directory name for the FileItem selector.
Working...
X