Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

TextItem.setIcon changes cursor

I have a TextItem that I've added a ChangedHandler that calls setIcon. I'm getting this behavior:

1) Type "something" into text item
    2) Icon appears
    3) Move cursor to beginning of item and type a letter
    - causes ChangedEvent to occur that calls TextItem.setIcon
    ^ causes cursor to automatically move to end of item

Is there a way to keep the cursor where it is when setIcon is called?

Thanks!

I forgot to mention this is on SmartGWT 2.5p with FF

Comment

Can you try your code with a 3.1p build? 2.5p pre-dates several browser workarounds to do with cursor positioning.

As a side note, you should plan a migration to 3.x or 4.x soon. 2.5p isn't receiving fixes anymore, it pre-dates browsers that are now common.

Comment

Unfortunately, we cannot upgrade.

Comment

Uhh.. that doesn't make a lot of sense, at least as a blanket statement. Frequent updates are a necessity on the web platform where browser vendors break stuff all the time and new workarounds are constantly required.

Even if you can't move everyone to 3.1 immediately, you should check out whether it fixes this issue. Then, if an upgrade is not already planned, it should be.

Comment

Sorry--it would be hard for us to upgrade right now with our schedule unless there's something major an upgrade would fix.

Comment

There is something major an upgrade would fix. The fact that you are 1.5 years behind and will be shipping your product on a version we're not patching any more :)

But more concretely, IE9 introduced severe memory leaks for which there was no workaround but to rework a major subsystem (gory details here). This definitely will not be ported to 2.5. We wouldn't have applied these changes as a patch to 3.1 either but we were left with no choice.

Comment

Working...
              X