Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

One datasource for ListGrid, DynamicForm and Combobox

Supose I have a tab in my application in which I can edit organizations. I use a ListGrid to show all the organizations and a DynamicForm below the grid to edit the organization I select in the ListGrid. For this I use the same datasource in both the ListGrid and the Dynamic form and all works perfectly. E.g. if I change the name of the organization in the form and I save it, the changed name will be updated in the corresponding row of the ListGrid. So far so good.

Now I have another DynamicForm in another tab to edit some data. One of the fields happen to be the organization. I implemented this field using a ComboBoxItem which has the organization datasource as its option datasource (same instance). This works pretty well as the combo box is populated with the initial records in the datasource.

Now if I go to the organization tab and change the name of one of the organizations and save it, then the name in the corresponding row of the Listgrid is updated. But the name of the corresponding row in the combo box is not although it is the same datasource.

I'm not sure the problem is clear so I try to write it again shortly :-) :

One and the same datasource instance for DynamicForm, ListGrid and ComboBoxItem. After saving the form the corresponding values are updated in the ListGrid but not in the ComboBoxItem.

My question is: is it wrong to expect the combobox to be updated (like the ListGrid is) or do I do something wrong? If it should be possible the could you give me any hint in which direction I should search for a solution?

Thanks in advance
    Yves

Originally posted by yves_bussard
    One and the same datasource instance for DynamicForm, ListGrid and ComboBoxItem. After saving the form the corresponding values are updated in the ListGrid but not in the ComboBoxItem.
    I'm sorry, I just realized that the values in the dropdown list of the combob box are updated but not the selected value itself. E.g. if I have the organization 'MyOrg' selected in the combobox and I use the organization tab to edit the name to 'YourOrg' and save the organization, then I see the value 'YourOrg' in the dropdown list of the combo box, but the displayed (selected) value still says 'MyOrg'.

Comment

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
      We've now added some logic which will take care of this automatically. This should hit SVN in the near future

Comment

I do have the same issue. Waiting for the fix :)

Comment

Working...
        X