Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Problem with sorting large list grid

Hi All,

We are seeing errors when sorting a large list grid by descending order.
    This is also seen in the showcase -> Live Grid example.

Steps to replicate error
    1. Sort SKU column in descending order
    2. The largest SKUs appears at the top of the grid as expected
    2. Scroll right to end of the list grid using the scrollbar
    4. The largest SKUs appears at the bottom of the grid as well showing an ascending order in the visible area.

Any ideas on how this can be resolved?
    Attached Files

The SKUs are a text column, not a number column. That's how those values sort as strings.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry I don't understand. How can the same value in the sorted column be at the top of the grid and the bottom of the grid after sorting? Even if it's a text based sorting.

This problem does not happen when I scroll to the bottom. It only occurs when I drag the scroll bar to the bottom

Comment

To add, it only seems to occur with a descending order sort and not an ascending order sort

Comment

You are probably confused because there's multiple, independent SKU columns in that grid, so you can see column "SKU 3", which is *not* sorted, happens to have a high value at the bottom when you scroll right. As for your screenshots, they have nothing to do with your instructions (not scrolled right). Please try not to do that kind of thing, support is difficult enough without being fed bad data.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion.

What I meant in the step 2 of the instructions was scroll to the bottom of the grid using the scrollbar.

I am comparing the first value in SKU (column 3) with the last value in the same column. Both are the same after sorting column 3 by descending order.
            The value at the top and bottom of column 3 is 9977100
            Last edited by pustelio; 23 Nov 2011, 22:54.

Comment

I did repeat what pustelio said, with the same results. Column 3 has the same values (9977100) for the first and last values, when using descending order and scrolling with the scrollbar, not the mouse wheel.

Comment

Thanks for the report - this has been fixed and should appear in nightlies from tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                X