Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

DataSource Spring DMI

Hi,
    I have a question about Spring DMI. I am trying to pass additional parameters from the client to the spring bean method set to handle my fetch operations.
    I do the following on the client:
    Code:
        DataSource ds = DataSource.get("dataSourceId");
        Map m = new HashMap();

m.put("session_key", "session_value");
        ds.setDefaultParams(m);

ListGrid lg = new ListGrid();
        lg.setDataSource(ds);
        lg.setAutoFetchData(true);
    dataSourceId.ds.xml is configured like the spring-hibernate-dmi sample
    with serverType "generic" and lookupType "spring"
    On the server the method that handles the fetch has the following signature
    Code:
    DSResponse fetch(DSRequest dsRequest)
    The fetch method gets called with a populated dsRequest
    I am trying to examine this object to find how to retrieve the properties I added on the client.
    Is this correct use of the defaultParams method?
    Is there some other way to pass custom parameters to the server preferably with this architecture?

That's fine, but they are going to be HTTP Parameters, available via the servlets standard API httpServletRequest.getParameter().

Note that HttpServletRequest is one of the objects you can declare as a parameter to a DMI and have it automatically provided.

Comment

Perhaps my configuration was not understood. I have taken the spring-hibernate-dmi sample and maybe changes to show what I want to accomplish.

HibernateSpringDMI.java after DataSource retrieved then a Map is created to store a parameter, then the DataSource default parameters are set to the map.

SupplyItemDao.java - I enumerate and print request parameter names and values. The key I added is not there.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X