Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Calling Hibernate/spring been is not ashynchronous

I am using SmartGwt EE 2.4 version and IE8 at client. I am having a couple of issues:

1) Calling hibernate/spring been for data manipulation is not asynchronous, when it invoke any of the server method, the user can not do anything on the screen. Wondering how could i achieve the asynchronous behaviour.

2) When any exception comes, the GUI either freezes or become ineffective (not responsive)

The SmartGWT project is with qooxdoo ajax framework, however both have their own index file and window

Greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks and Regards,
    Iqbal
    Last edited by iqbalhyd; 4 Apr 2011, 21:38.

1) user interactivity is blocked because dsRequest.showPrompt defaults to true. You can set it to false via the DSRequest argument on dynamicForm.saveData() or other APIs where you are triggering the save, or on the DataSource itself to have it be non-blocking on all operations.

But if you do so, you need to carefully consider whether the user can do something invalid while the save is pending (such as exiting the screen) and add logic to address those cases if so.

2) this isn't the default behavior. Any server-side exception normally results in a DSResponse with status set to an error code, and the default system-wide error handling (defined by RPCManager.addErrorHandler()) is to show a modal dialog with error details. You have probably added code that interferes with this.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. It resolved the problem. Greate Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X