Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

No luck with Spring+Hibernate+JPA data source

Trying to get a data source via a Spring-configured DAO, using Hibernate JPA, but not having much luck. I've got a single DAO, and it looks like for some reason SmartGWT's DataSourceLoader can't load it. As a result I'm getting the dreaded "Unable to load DataSource for ID" message. I've gone through the FAQs and eliminated a couple of complaints, so now the log messages are clean right up until the failure. The single DAO is "userDao" in the Spring config file, corresponding to a "users.ds.xml" data source definition in the client.

Environment specifics:

SmartGWTEE 2.4
    GWT 2.3
    Eclipse Helios SR2
    Firefox 3.6.16
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Spring 3.0.5
    Hibernate 3.6

Most of the files are as attachments, will put the rest in the next msg.
    Attached Files

Here are the remaining files.
    Attached Files

Comment

minor update to the attached info, I was missing the tools import in my gwt.xml file. No impact on the problem, but the content of that file went from:

<inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEE"/>

to:

<inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEE"/>
      <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools"/>

Comment

Since you're already seeing DataSourceLoader in the stack trace, essentially the only files that matter so far are user.ds.xml and server.properties, and what's wrong is that the users.ds.xml file is misplaced. It should be at:

C:\ws\portal\war\ds\users.ds.xml

Comment

That fixed it, thanks! I have some kind of transactionality issue to investigate now, but I'll post that as a separate thread if I don't figure it out on my own.

Comment

Working...
          X