Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Polling + Spring Security re-login = issue

This is a quite interesting issue. I have Spring Security logon(according to the re-login post in this forum) for my application, basically when the session expires a server call (especially DataSource call) will pop up a login window to request for re-login, after successful login, the application will continue what was performing and show the results 'seamlessly'.

This is very handy, the customers love it, but a issue came up when a polling module was introduced to the system.

I have a Timer on the client side, sends periodical server requests every 10 seconds. i left the computer on last night, when i looked at the computer this morning, the login window had been popped up, so i typed in the username and password, guess what? all the requests from last night were accumulated, and as soon as the login succeeded it started to perform every single request for those ones from the previous 10 hours, 10 seconds per request! it took quite a while to finish

there was only one user, i can't imagine if there are 2000 users had the same situation, walk into the office at 9am, login simultaneously, the server might be crashed by so many concurrent server calls.

the only solution i can think of at this moment is to stop re-resending the request if session is expired. has anyone had the same issue? and how did you deal with it?

THanks!

Yes, that's exactly what you want to do - when you see loginRequired fire, stop sending periodic requests until the user has logged back in again.

Comment

Working...
    X