Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Styling the font in a FacetChart

Isomorphic,

I am using Smartgwt ee 2.5. I am using BlackOps skin for my project. The problem is, when I create FacetCharts and display them on some window, the FacetValues on the x-axis and y-axis are almost not visible.
    So, using styling how do I do that?

I am using both FacetCharts directly generated from a CubeGrid and also the FacetCharts which I created using FacetChart class and set the data explicitly. In both the cases I require the styling to be done.

I did the following, but was not able to see any difference:

styling.css
    .chartFont {
    font-family: "palatino linotype";
    font-size: 10px;
    font-color: white;
    border: 1px solid white;
    }

index.jsp
    <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="styling.css"> ---> added this in the <head> tag

MyProgram.java
    FacetChart chart1 = new FacetChart();
    chart1.setStyleName("chartFont");

Can you suggest a solution?

in settings file. u can see x & y tags.. in tat u can give color but cant increase the height & bold also

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Hello

I have the same problem : using BlackOps and FacetChart, but in smartgwt 3.0.

I try to modify the array "legendLabelProperties" into ISCChart (used by drawLabel) but with no effect. Same for styling, like in the first post.

I have no idea where/what can be the "settings file". Application.gwt.xml?
        I try this:
        Code:
        FacetChart.setProperty("x", "red"); // -> error
        Facet.setAttribute("x", "red"); // -> no effect
        FacetChart.setAttribute("color", "red"); // -> error
        Facet.setAttribute("color", "red"); // -> no effect
        But it doesn't work.

Can you say what "setting file" is needed to update?
        Last edited by merill; 3 Jan 2012, 02:34.

Comment

Hi, we also have to do that but can't find the way to do it.

Is it possible to give more explanations about how to change the colors of labels in a SmartGWT Chart ?

Thanks,

Baptiste

Comment

Please, please, please, nobobody can explain a little more how to change those label colors ?

Thanks,

Baptiste

Comment

I find the solution in the javascript file into smartgwtee-3.X.jar\com\smartclientee\public\sc\system\development\ISC_Charts.js

To change the band color, modify this fillcolor property:
              Code:
              isc.A.backgroundBandProperties = {
              	lineOpacity : 0,
              	fillColor : "#F7F7F7"
              };
              To change the x and y labels color, modify this lineColor property:
              Code:
              isc.A.dataLabelProperties = {
              	fontFamily : "Tahoma",
              	fontSize : 10,
              	fontWeight : "normal",
              	fontStyle : "button",
              	lineColor : "#44FFFF"
              };
              To change the legend labels color, modify this lineColor property:
              Code:
              isc.A.legendLabelProperties = {
              	fontFamily : "Arial",
              	fontSize : 10,
              	fontWeight : "normal",
              	fontStyle : "button",
              	lineColor : "#FFFF00"
              };
              other isc.A properties are used to other things, try it if you need it.

Merill

Comment

Thanks collegue ;-)

We've passed a lot of time for just one hidden property in a Javascript file :-(.

For this kind of problem a response from the Smart GWT team would be not very time consuming for it but very helpful for us...

No matter, thanks again.

Baptiste

Comment

But how can we change it using the setProperty method in SmartGwt?

Comment

3.1d builds now have official SmartGWT APIs for affecting the various labels and other non-data elements of FacetChart.

Just a note about Merrill's hack - nothing like that is necessary, you just need to use the skinning APIs of SmartClient from JSNI, for example isc.FacetChart.changeDefaults().

Comment

Originally posted by akhader View Post
                      But how can we change it using the setProperty method in SmartGwt?
                      bumped into this while trying to set my x axis labels to invisible, what I did was

DrawLabel x = new DrawLabel();
                      x.setFontSize(1);
                      x.setLineColor(userChart.getBackgroundColor());
                      chart.setDataLabelProperties(x);

hope it can be useful in the future

Comment

SmartClient Version: v9.1p_2014-08-29/Pro Deployment (built 2014-08-29)

Im having a problem when I change the fontfamily of the dataLabelProperties, and axisLabelProperties on my FacetCharts.

I am changing the fontfamily like so:
                        Code:
                        DrawLabel dataLabelProperties = this.getDataLabelProperties();
                        dataLabelProperties.setFontFamily("'Lato',Arial,sans-serif");
                        chart.setDataLabelProperties(dataLabelProperties);
                        but when I do this, I see some wierd behavior (See attached pictures)

The data labels become offset relative to their columns,
                        and the valueAxisLabel also becomes offset and a large gap shows up between the label and the axis.

Also when datalabels are vertical, they intersect with the dataAxisLabel.

I guessing that the chart calculates the size of the new font wrong.

Is there a way I can fix this?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for pointing this out. Our auto-sizing logic was foiled by your use a single quote (') so auto-sizing was still being performed with the default font. This is fixed for tomorrow's builds of 9.0 and up.

Comment

Great, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X