Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Smartgwt Grid doesn't work on Chrome neither produce same ui like on Firefox

Hi everybody,

I've developed a simple smartgwt page that consists of a ListGrid. I've deployed my application to tomcat server and it is working as it should work (i.e. the same behaviour while debugging) on a Firefox browser however it does not produce the same user interface for Chrome.

Also on Chrome the RPC calls don't work and can't retrieve any data from server. I attached the screenshots for ui difference of browsers.

The strange thing is: RPC fail on Chrome doesn't produce any log on server side. Here are my configuration:

GWT version: SmartClient Version: v9.0_2013-07-03/LGPL Development Only
    Tomcat version: 8.0.15_windows_x86
    DB: Oracle 9i

What may be the reason behind generating different UI for different browsers and RPC fail on Chrome.
    Attached Files

No issues like this exist in samples. See the FAQ on correct settings for DOCTYPE, as well as possible application CSS.

Comment

I dont have any specific css files of mine there is only default application css.

After changing the DOCTYPE to <!DOCTYPE html> the ui rendering problem is solved. However RPC still does not work on Chrome/IE/Opera it only works on Firefox and there is no log message about this failure on tomcat.
      Please give some ideas how to resolve this browser incompatibility of RPC calls.

When I click the button that trigger RPC call, tomcat logs one line like this:
      0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 - - [19/Dec/2014:15:10:33 +0200] "POST /manager/manager/crud HTTP/1.1" 200 2399
      Last edited by desideero; 19 Dec 2014, 05:10.

Comment

See the FAQ on the information you need to provide to enable people to help you.

Comment

Working...
        X