Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

FaceChart huge use of processing and memory

Isomorphic,

I am using Smartgwt Power Edtion 4.1 and I created a sample code where it is possible to show columns side by side (unstacked) for each variable of legend.

The problem is that when I try to draw my FacetChart in some configurations, my browsers (firefox, chrome, ie) becomes unresponsive and It's possible to see a huge use of memory and processor.

To recreate the problem:

Code:
        /**
         * This is the entry point method of all project.
         */
        public void onModuleLoad() { 	

new ChartTest();

}

The ChartTest Class is attached.

Its is very important and essencial for us to have a chart with this kind of view (show columns side by side (unstacked) for each variable of legend) x period. Its is working in almost all cases but is failing sometimes when the values are negatives and/or when I have more than 4 axis.

Thanks in advance!!
    Attached Files

Please remember to always test with the latest patched build, and always post your full version.

Be sure to also test in compiled mode, with development tools (if any) disabled, as the tools can create performance problems that don't really exist for normal end users.

If you have a functional problem, please clarify what that is.

As far as your claimed performance problem, *after* addressing the issues above, be specified about how long the chart is taking to draw and how much memory consumption you are seeing.

Comment

Hi again!

My computer is a Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bits with 8gb of memory
      My processor is a Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz × 8

In production I checked the problem in:
      Firefox 34.0
      Chrome Versão 31.0.1650.63

I compiled with the latest
      http://www.smartclient.com/builds/SmartGWT/4.1p/PowerEdition/2014-12-22
      (SmartClient Version: v9.1p_2014-12-22/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2014-12-22))

The problem occurs in production version and development mode. I can't see any javascript or other problem using the console (isc.showConsole()), but looks like it is a
      javascript recursion problem.

The system uses 100% of processing and the memory grows and grows (+ than 1.5gb) for several minutes without draw the chart.

Note that the problem occurs when I try to draw a graph with around 8 axis and with full screen area. If I try to draw a FacetChart in a small area the problem looks worse.

Thank you!

Comment

FacetChart still waiting

Hi Isomorphic!

Is There any news about this thread?
        Last edited by vkeuneck; 29 Dec 2014, 05:29.

Comment

This has been fixed for tomorrow's builds of 9.0 and up.

Comment

I figured out a gradation problem

Hi again Isomorphic and thank you for your attention.

The fix included in the SmartClient Version: v9.1p_2014-12-30/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2014-12-30)
            improved the draw of the FacetChart, but I figured out a gradation problem.

If I use the same gradation for all axis, the generation of my FacetChart is very fast:
            setMatchGradations("value0");
            but if I use different gradations (not using setMathGradation) the FacetChart generation becomes slow, because if I have a very small gradation in same axis and a big value in other axis the FacetChart is using the smaller gradation in some cases for that big value. So if I have a big value with a small gradation the FacetChart is doing a lot of recursion to draw the axis and gradation.

I have attached a image. I used the same code that I have attached on the first message to generate the image, ofcourse that I commentd all setMathGradation("value0") to generate the problem I described.

Thank you!
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Isomorphic!

I'm still with problem here. Is There any news about this thread?

Comment

SmartClient Version: v9.1p_2015-01-27/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2015-01-27)

still with the axis's problem.

Comment

Working...
                X