Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How to install purchased version of smartclient EE

Hi
    We have a partial developed application (by the previous developer) where Smart Client was used for development. We need to get license for Smart Client as the old one has already expired.. I have folloing questions, will be really thankful if someone can provide some help

1. Will we have to buy the license directly before completeing development or we can get latest eval copy license and use that for the itme being and later buy the license.

2. What is the process of installing license? Is it just a some license file that goes in or we get a complete install of Smart Client where we need to replace all the jars etc? If some one can point to steps that go into installing license that will be reallt awesome

Thanks
    Joginder

1. It sounds like you are no longer evaluating the software, jut getting ready to proceed, so you should initiate the purchase with Isomorphic sales now, and if it takes some time, use the eval version in the meantime.

2. You receive a link to download a licensed copy, which you then install normally.

Comment

Hi
      Actually we stopped the development because of some reason so i could not reply . Now we have bought Smartclient licensed version and started developement .

So would you please explain the instruction , how to install it in my application as soon as possible .there is urgently need to install licensed version.

2. You receive a link to download a licensed copy, which you then install normally(I am not able to install it in my application and there are not instruction for install it ).

Thanks in advance

Regards
      Joginder kumar(java/j2ee developer )

Comment

Hi Isomorphic
        i am waiting for your response .would you please send reply as soon as possible .

Thanks
        Joginder

Comment

Same as your original installation: follow the Deploying SmartClient instructions in the SmartClient Reference.

Comment

Hi
            Thanks for reply.

I followed the Deploying SmartClient instructions in the SmartClient Reference.But there is showing error "copy of Isomorphic smartclient is expired".and we bought the SmartClient EE .

There was a csonet(project name also) directory which create when we recompile our project. which have information of old version of Smartclient and csonet.nocache.js which we include in our Html file .this csonet.nocache.js file has information of csonet/sc(this have smartclient file of old version )

and I have changed all configuration file as Deploying SmartClient instructions .
            would you please suggest me what i missed to install Smartclient EE as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards
            Joginder kumar(java/j2ee developer)

Comment

You keep referring to SmartClient and you have posted in the SmartClient forum, but if you have a file csonet.nocache.js then you must actually be using SmartGWT. If so, then the install instructions are here - follow every step, don't skip any steps, and read the troubleshooting section at the end if you have trouble.

Comment

Hi
                thanks for reply .
                Yes we are using SmartGWT . But we are also using Smartclient . and purchased smartclient EE. as we are getting error "This copy of Isomorphic SmartClient is expired. See http://www.isomorphic.com for a renewal".
                We have a partial developed application (by the previous developer) where Smart Client and Smartgwt was used for development.

As i explained csonet/sc has information of old version of Smartclient and file csonet.nocache.js have information for csonet/sc. and according to install smartclient version we need to put our smartclient file withen "/smartclient "

I have checked "http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwtee/javadoc/com/smartgwt/client/docs/SgwtEESetup.html" .
                there is no any information for smartclient . it has only SmartGWT information

So please suggest correct way to use both SmartGWT and install smartclient as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards

Comment

Hi Joginder,

Sorry, you're not making much sense - SmartClient and SmartGWT are two separate products, each has a separate download and you should never mix the contents of SmartClient and SmartGWT packages.

Whichever one you're using, follow the installation instructions (we've already told you where they are for each product). Follow them completely, and don't skip any steps.

Comment

Hi
                    Because of having a partial developed application (by the previous developer) where Smart Client and SmartGwt Both was used for development.

Smartgwt used for client side . and Smartclient used for server side for RPC manager . and our project is 85% complete .

So would you please suggest , can we use both or I have to use only one (Smartgwt or Smartclient ).
                    if we can use both please explain how .

I have 1 query - we used this one in csonet(project Name).gwt.xml -<inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEE"/> and also smartclient in our project .But if we will use only smartgwt then there may show error "This copy of Isomorphic SmartClient is expired. See http://www.isomorphic.com for a renewal".

Thanks and Regards
                    Last edited by joginder.codefire; 5 Oct 2010, 07:13.

Comment

Once again, each download is self-contained, and each contains the server logic. Don't mix the two packages.

Please don't post further questions until you've gone through the installation steps for SmartGWT EE very very carefully, not skipping any steps, and checked the troubleshooting guide at the end.

Comment

Hi
                        Sorry for post question again and again but we are stuck . Now my Qs is-
                        Can we use smartgwt LGPL with Smartclient EE . as we have license for Smartclient EE . and used smartgwt LGPL for clint side functionaity.

Thanks and Regards

Comment

Hi
                          we have configure smartgwt LGPL with Smartclient EE and compile project succesfully . but when we run the project our GUI (widget) are misplace and when we call the server side we are getting following error
                          (we are not able to call server side from client) --

java.lang.Exception: Non-RPC request ignored.
                          at com.isomorphic.rpc.RPCManager.parseRequest(RPCManager.java:1110)
                          at com.isomorphic.rpc.RPCManager.<init>(RPCManager.java:265)
                          at com.csonet.app.smartgwt.server.WidgetSrvc.service(WidgetSrvc.java:50)
                          at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806)
                          at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)

this is showing error on "rpc = new RPCManager(request, response);" code
                          from code-
                          "RPCManager rpc = null;
                          try {
                          rpc = new RPCManager(request, response);
                          } catch (Exception e) {
                          System.out.println("exception in widget serveice ==="+e);
                          e.printStackTrace();
                          }
                          for (Iterator i = rpc.getRequests().iterator(); i.hasNext();) {"

would you please help me to fix the error .Please reply soon . I am waiting for your response.

Thanks and Regards
                          Last edited by joginder.codefire; 6 Oct 2010, 07:02.

Comment

One guess how you can fix this error.. undo your attempt to install the LGPL version, which won't work and is the cause of this error, and follow the installation instructions for SmartGWT EE.

Really. Just follow the instructions. You keep doing other, random things that will not work, but if you just follow the instructions, it will work.

Comment

Working...
                            X