Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Error when upgrade from v2.2 to v2.4

I'm trying to upgrade from v2.2 pro to v2.4 pro.The application works fine with v2.2 after upgrading the libraries to v2.4 and recompiling, I get the following error with my application.

(-:-) 2011-01-18 21:07:15,794 [FATAL] Uncaught JavaScript exception [$debox is not defined] in ....

Stale files. Clear your browser cache and run a GWT compile on your project.

Comment

Just did that again, checked it in Chrome and Firefox...problem is still there :-(

Comment

That error is very indicative of stale files. Make sure you have followed the full installation procedure from the docs (just copying .jars does not work). If you're still having problems, you can verify that stale files are being delivered to the browser using Firebug's Net panel to inspect the headers on the .js files. From there, you may need to rebuild your project to correct whatever staleness problem has happened in your IDE.

Comment

You need to make sure you inherit the Smart GWT modules before your entry point module in your module xml file. It is also recommended that you move the GWT 2.x as it appears that you are on an older version of GWT.

Comment

Hi,

agree with smartgwt.dev .. Got the same probleme after migrating to 2.4 ..
            The order of your inherits in the *.gwt.xml is important.

http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=14904

Comment

After I resturctured the .gwt.xml and still got the same problem, then I started adding some extra client side logging (the exception occurs at startup of the application).

I managed to get the application working with v2.4 after commenting out the viewloader (com.smartgwt.client.widgets.ViewLoader). ViewLoader.show() seems to trigger the exception....

Comment

The original problem was stale files. Now, to fix the HTMLFlow-specific issue, you need this patch.

Comment

thanks the patch works.... is the patch also implemented in one of the nightly builds?

Comment

Yes, since the patch was posted it has been part of nightlies after that date.

Comment

Working...
                    X