Go Back   SmartClient Forums > Smart GWT Technical Q&A
Wiki Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th Mar 2011, 14:44
Registered Developer

Default will ListGrid.setSelectionProperty() change the dataSource when a record is selected?

I am using the ListGrid.setSelectionProperty() in smartGWT 2.4. According to the javadoc, it seems when a record is selected in the ListGrid, it will change the "isSelected" field in the DataSource.

However it did not seem to work for me. No matter I defined the "isSelected" field in DataSource field only or defined it in both DataSource and the ListGrid field. I also try to use ListGrid.saveAllEdits(), hoping it will write the selected field to the DataSource. No luck either.

So my question is:
will ListGrid.setSelectionProperty() change the dataSource when a record is selected?

if yes, is there a working example that I can take a look at?

Thanks!
Old 17th Mar 2011, 14:45
Administrator

No. Selection is a grid-level behavior. DataSource records do not have a notion of whether they are selected.