Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

some questions about deployed js files

Hi Isomorphic,

I am new here and have some questions about deployed files under 'isomorphic' folder:

1. all js files under system/development have header to state license notice, which says that the file is for evaluation only and user is required to have deployment license in order to use them in production environment. My question is whether these files are released under LGPL V3 and whether they are allowed to be distributed to end user without modification?

2. There are files like ISC_EBay.js and ISC_SalesForce.js under system/modules. What is purpose of these files? Are these files also required for general SmartClient functionality?

3. Are XML files under system/schema needed if I just create UI with javascript and communicate with backend by JSON?

I really appreciate your help.

Best regards
    John

Hi John,

1) The files in system/development support the Developer Console and other free tools that come with SmartClient LGPL but for which source code is not (yet) provided. Applications should load the files in the parallel "modules" subdirectory which are smaller and support all documented and finalized SmartClient APIs.

The fact that the header says "Evaluation Only" is inaccurate and will be corrected - if you need something legal/formal in the meantime let us know.

2) ISC_EBay/SalesForce/Kapow etc are pre-built connectors to eBay and SalesForce web services, and the SalesForce one serves as an extensive source-level example of advanced WSDL binding. You would only load them to talk to the corresponding web service (and even then you could do the binding yourself).

Source code for these modules is in source/client/application. Note that the source/client/modules directory contains "manifest files" listing the contents of each module - these are themselves loadable.

3) You don't the system/schema files for communication via JSON, XML or WSDL. They are component schema for the built-in SmartClient components, useful in creating tools like Visual Builder.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

Thank you very much for the clarification. It would be great if the usage description of files could be included in Quick Start manual so that developer can easily package them based on use scenario.

Thanks again
      John

Comment

See the Deploying SmartClient topic in the SmartClient Reference for deployment instructions.

Comment

Working...
        X