Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

implicit save with valuesmanager?

Implicit save now works with a DynamicForm, but if it is using a ValuesManager, there are no implicit saves. I got submitOnEnter to work with a workaround I found from another thread, which is to add a SubmitValuesHandler. But this doesn't help with the implicit saves.

Is this not a bug? Is there some way to work around it? It works perfectly without a ValuesManager, but as soon as that is there, it stops working.

Comment

If I'm doing something wrong or it's not supposed to work this way, then please let me know!. At this point, I'm going to have to subclass all the form items to add the functionality myself.

Comment

While debugging a very strange issue, I discovered it was related to this one.

It turns out that the implicit save is actually "working". But it only submits the current form, not the valuesmanager. Since the form doesn't contain the primary key, it tries to do an add instead of an update. I was not handling adds, so I didn't notice this until I updated the datasources to return errors on attempted adds.

Shouldn't the implicit save on the form pass the save to the valuesmanager instead of just submitting its own values?

Comment

This is assigned and an engineer is taking a look...

Comment

This has been fixed in mainline and the fix will appear in nightly builds shortly

Comment

Thank you, this is now working in the nightly versions.

Comment

Working...
              X