Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

CellFormatter performance issue

Hi,
    I am first time using SmartGWT, we are having SmartGWT Pro 3.0 licenced version.

I have three questions,

1. In our application we are creating DynamicDataSource using DynamicDataSourceGenerator, search and all were working properly, but now since we needed data formatting so we added CellFormatter in our ListGrid and now search got very slow down.
    Can you please help me to find out what is the issue for this performance slow down?

2. Adaptive filter is not working as per the expectation, what could be the reason?

3. Also I want to know how we can read property files on client-side? any example would be of great help.

Thanks
    Fairoz Shaikh

1. Does not make sense, look elsewhere for the real cause

2. Need to provide more detail, see FAQ

Comment

1. Below is the more detail on the code (steps followed)
      a. Created ListGrid
      b. Depending on the textbox user selected to search, loading corresponding datasource using DataSource.get(id) to get the datasource and setting it in ListGrid,
      c. Created UserDefinedCellFormatter which is simply appending "new" to the recieved cell value and returning back.
      c. finally listGrid.setCellFormatter(UserDefinedCellFormatter); // if we remove this line application work flawlessly

Is there anything wrong in the above steps?

2. On the same list grid I am calling below mentioned API to enable Adaptive filter (as suggested in example)
      a. listGrid.setShowFilterEditor(true);
      b. listGrid.setFetchDelay(500);
      c. listGrid.setFilterOnKeypress(true);

3. How we can load property file on client-side?

Comment

Can any one please reply to my queries as I have to resolve these issues as early as possible.

Thanks

Comment

Can any one please reply to this post.

Thanks.

Comment

Is admin willing to reply or we should stop wasting our time in posting queries on this forum.

Comment

Have you read the FAQ? It tells you what you need to provide - a ready-to-run, minimal test case, as well as all the other details necessary to reproduce the problem you're claiming.

Comment

Thanks for the reply,
                I am using DynamicDSGenerator to generate datasource.

While using Adaptive filter, I am getting below mentioned warning in Dev Console

11:02:08.835:WARN:ListGrid:isc_ListGrid_1:No DataSource or invalid DataSource specified, can't create data model
                Class.getStackTrace(_1=>undef, _2=>undef, _3=>undef, _4=>undef)
                Canvas.createDataModel(_1=>Obj, _2=>Obj{ID:auto_fetch}, _3=>Obj)
                Canvas.filterWithCriteria(_1=>Obj, _2=>Obj{ID:auto_fetch}, _3=>Obj)
                Canvas.$wo(_1=>"fetch", _2=>Obj, _3=>undef, _4=>Obj)
                Class.invokeSuper(_1=>null, _2=>"$wo", _3=>undef, _4=>undef, _5=>undef, _6=>undef, _7=>undef, _8=>undef, _9=>undef, _10=>undef)
                Class.Super(_1=>"$wo", _2=>Array[4], _3=>Obj{length:4})
                ListGrid.$wo(_1=>"fetch", _2=>Obj, _3=>undef, _4=>Obj, _5=>undef)
                Canvas.fetchData(_1=>Obj, _2=>undef, _3=>undef)
                "if(!_3)_3={};if(!_3.textMatchStyle)_3.textMatchStyle="exact";this.$wo("fetch",_1,_2,_3)"

Can you point out what went wrong? Is there any checklist which can be used to verify the datasource xml which I am creating dynamically?

Comment

In the FAQ there are steps for troubleshooting DataSource loading.

Comment

I am following exactly the same steps mentioned in FAQ for datasource loading, even I am able to fetch the data properly only issue is adaptive filter is not working and I am getting above mentioned warning in Dev Console.

Comment

Few more details:-
                      below is the sample datasource xml which we are using to generate Dynamic datasource,
                      <DataSource titleField="is_logins.is_login_id" tableName="search_customer_by_full_name" dataURL="http://localhost:8080/mconsole/chart/dataRequestHandler" ID="search_customer_by_full_name">
                      <fields>
                      <field type="image" title="Valid" name="is_logins.is_deleted"/>
                      <field type="text" title="Customer ID" name="is_logins.customer_id"/>
                      <field type="text" title="Customer Name" name="is_logins.full_name"/>
                      <field type="text" title="Email Address" name="is_logins.email_address"/>
                      <field type="text" title="Phone Number" name="is_logins.phone_number"/>
                      <field type="text" title="Issuer System" name="is_logins.is_id"/>
                      <field type="integer" title="Issuer Login ID" name="is_logins.is_login_id" hidden="true"/>
                      </fields>
                      </DataSource>

Client side code :-
                      ListGrid searchListGrid = new ListGrid();
                      searchListGrid.setDataSource(DataSource.get("search_customer_by_full_name"));
                      searchListGrid.setAutoFetchData(true);
                      searchListGrid.setShowFilterEditor(true);
                      searchListGrid.setFilterOnKeypress(true);

Comment

Working...
                      X