Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Bug report: isGroup-border growing when a BooleanItem is in the Form

Hi Isomorphic,

please see http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/#layout_form_spanning and change the end of FormSpanningSample.java to look like this:

Code:
            BooleanItem test = new BooleanItem();
            test.setTitle("Click to see the border grow");
            test.setWidth("*");

TextAreaItem messageItem = new TextAreaItem();
            messageItem.setShowTitle(false);
            messageItem.setLength(5000);
            messageItem.setColSpan(2);
            messageItem.setWidth("*");
            messageItem.setHeight("*");

form.setFields(subjectItem, test, messageItem);
    When you select and de-select the new checkbox now, the border of the Form-group gets higher and wider a few millimetres with every click.
    Tested with v8.2p_2012-04-18/EVAL Deployment 2012-04-18 and LGPL 3.1d 2012-05-01 nightly in FF Dev Mode.

Best regards,
    Blama

Did you actually try this with a clean build and the default skin, or might you have some additional CSS or a modified skin in the environment where you tested this?

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

what do you mean by "clean build"? I was in dev mode (so no clean/compile/build/war at all), but what I did was to delete the contents of "gwt-unitCache".
      I definitely have no custom CSS, as I never touched skinning/css so far. I used the showcase with the default skin.

Can you reproduce the error by inserting the BooleanItem into the showcase? Or should I do other steps in order to assure that I have a clean build?

Best regards,
      Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I just found out there is another setting required to reproduce the error:

I have set my FF (11.0) set to "Zoom 3x plus".
        Try this:
        Testcase as above
        CTRL-0 (zoom normal)
        CTRL-+ (zoom plus 1)
        CTRL-+ (zoom plus 1)
        CTRL-+ (zoom plus 1)
        CTRL-+ (zoom plus 1)

Now click the checkbox multiple times. For me it gets larger with every click.

Tried with v8.2p_2012-08-14/EVAL Deployment in FF Dev Mode.

Comment

Firefox has a number of bugs like this when zoomed - there's not much we can do about them.

Comment

For people finding this thread by search here the corresponding link to the FAQ.

Best regards,
            Blama

Comment

Working...
            X