Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

total rows and scroll bar

Hello,

Sooo close. Ok we are using Power Smart gwt 3.1, bought and paid.
    GWT 2.5rc, current version of chrome.

So we have a custom data source, which now pages and returns data and total row counts with ease. We have 300K records in one result, naturally only a page of 50 is returned. Along with the total row counts.

And one can page down and scroll down ... but only to a point. That is the at the bottom of the scroll, there is no more "paging" from the scroll. But one can just continue to move the scroll down line by line.

Do I need to set something in the listgrid to tell the scroll bar the over all record count. I don't do that anywhere, so figure that must be the problem.

Thanks,
    Marc

data source code

my custom data source sets the total rows below, and thus my client is able to show me the total rows in a label.

but the scroll bar does not seem to think it should be this height

DSResponse dsr = new DSResponse();
    dsr.setData(res);

dsr.setTotalRows(totalRows);
    dsr.setStartRow(startRow);
    if (endRow > totalRows) endRow = totalRows;
    dsr.setEndRow(endRow);

Comment

No, there's nothing you need to set in the ListGrid, totalRows is it. However, some browsers refuse to allow a scrollable area that is large enough to show 300,000 rows. You didn't mention which browser, but there should be a warning about this in the Developer Console if you're on one of the limited ones.

See also dataSource.progressiveLoading - it usually does not make sense to allow free scrolling in a dataset quite so large.

Comment

browsers

Hello,

Yes looks like it works in firefox and not in chrome.

How very odd. I actually have 300,000 entries. And am no looking at one with 150K rows in the table. Seems fine for 150K in firefox.

But my column is to small for this big a number :-) Easy to fix.

What does this progressive setting do? Is it in the datasource or the client?

Thanks,
        marc

Comment

progressive

Sounds like an interesting setting, but likely not what we want. Works great the way it is. Just wish the scrolling worked in Chrome.

Is there any way to get the paging to work in chrome as it does in firefox. Or is Chrome just broken for GWT :-)

Thanks
          Marc

Comment

you are right ... perhaps

Looks like scrolling and the data source were all correct for all the browsers.

The problem (may) have been in the setshowrows setting for the list grid. That when you have a number that is really large that the autowidth setting is not set on the column and the number is clipped. Leading me to think it was not reading all the values.

Looking into this now.

Marc

Comment

you are right

Scrolling works great.
              Total rows is right!

There was no bug in scrolling or the data source.

Was just the showallows setting for list grid was clipping when the number of rows was really large. I just use a formatter and how my own rows and it works great.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X