Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Are you able to test against SGWT 5.1d? The hope was to gather feedback as to the effectiveness of the solution in that branch for customers using GWT 2.7. If effective, it would then be ported back to SGWT 4.1p.

Comment

I only have 4.1p so I cannot test with 5.1d, and further, I don't know what exactly to test. I just want to know if all issues with gwt 2.7 are fixed and backported to 4.1p.

Comment

We've done internal testing of the fix with our own SGWT apps and GWT 2.7, but "all the issues" is broad language - we may not know the answer without users testing their own apps and reporting back.

If you'd like to try SGWT 5.1 LGPL or SGWT 5.1d Eval editions, you can download them here:
        http://www.smartclient.com/builds/SmartGWT/5.1d

Is that not possible?

Comment

Why don't you backport the fixes to 4.1p ? I don't understand why I have to download a version I don't currently need, upgrade my whole application to the new major version and try to test everything (what exactly should I test?) in order to tell you , for you to backport the fixes to the 4.1p version? And then downgrade again to 4.1p.
          Wouldn't be better for the customers having the issues using version 5 to test this?

Comment

Of course, I didn't mean *all* the issues, but the known issues you already corrected in version 5.

Comment

This is not really just a "fix". GWT 2.7 unexpectedly dropped support for a basic feature that many libraries depend upon, and we have had to reimplement it as a fairly complicated compiler extension.

If you don't want to be part of the testing effort to verify this new functionality, don't upgrade to 5.1 and postpone your upgrade to GWT 2.7 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                and postpone your upgrade to GWT 2.7 as well.
                Until when to postpone? Will GWT 2.7 be supported by 4.1p in the future or *must* I upgrade to 5 in order to have gwt 2.7?

Comment

We've already covered this:

A fix for the script tag limitation with the xsiframe linker (default in GWT 2.7.0) has been committed to SGWT 5.1d, and will be in the nightlies built tonight.

This will be eventually ported back to SGWT 4.1p, but if those who originally reported this problem can test their applications against SGWT 5.1d we may be able to immediately correct any issues.
                  Do you want to be able to move to GWT 2.7 sooner? Then help test!

Comment

5.1d Test

Hi,

I grabbed the 5.1d JAR and tested it out and it seems to have cleared up the issue. When will the fix be available in the 5.1 Major release via Maven?

Comment

Thanks messer for letting us know.

As far as Maven, if you use our Maven plugin, yes you'll have this feature since you're getting the same thing you get from smartclient.com/builds.

Comment

So are you saying that the fix is already in one of the Maven builds or that it will be after testing is complete? This is the link we use:

http://www.smartclient.com/maven2/com/smartgwt/smartgwt/

Comment

It's in 5.1 now if you use the plugin as directed, it will be ported to old versions once we get the all-clear from enough users.

Comment

I'm not seeing a v5.1 in the Maven repo. I'm only seeing 5.0.

Comment

Once again: use the plugin.

Comment

Do you have any time estimates as to when the fix will be backported to a Major release (4.1)?

Comment

Working...
                                X