Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

useClientFiltering problem

Hi

Im having a problem in filtering listgrid in client side . it doesn't occur in client side . although useClientFiltering :true is set in the result set created it is looking for the datasource in "[webRoot]/shared/ds" in the server and say It cannot find it

Code:
    rs = isc.ResultSet.create({
    		dataSource: "MainListGridData",
                    allRows :listData,
    		useClientFiltering:true,
    useClientSorting:true,
    fetchMode:"local"
    	    });

MainListGrid.setDataSource(MainListGridData);
                                MainListGrid.setData(rs);
    Whats wrong with this code ? Please advice me on this

I found this in the reference docs available for us to refer under useClientFiltering

I quote
    "useClientFiltering [IRW] [Advanced] type:Boolean, defaultValue: true

Whether to filter data locally when all DataSource records have been loaded (that is, criteria is blank and cache is complete)."

end of quote

In this above statement how can we make sure the Datasource have been loaded. in the sense Im not sure what is "criteria is blank and cache is complete" actually means? please advice me on this

Lots of information, but what you didn't mention is what you're trying to accomplish :)

Are you trying to have this listgrid never contact the server? If so why did you choose the approach of creating a ResultSet instead of a clientOnly:true DataSource?

Comment

yes I dont want it to contact the server ever . I want it to do the filtering in the client side with the filtering editor enabled for the listgrid to type in the criteria . does using a datasource set to clientside only will help me to do that?

please provide me a sample code
      thanks

Comment

Yes, using a client-only DataSource is probably best. There's an example linked from the docs.

Comment

could not find it, can you please provide me the URL

Comment

Try Client Only DataSources.

Comment

Working...
            X