Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

What is SmartGWT?

Hi,
    The product looks very slick. After reading a bit of overview documentation on SmartClient and SmartGWT, i am a little confused. Can someone explain to me it's relationship to pure GWT development, GWT-EXT project from Sanjiv and his group?

Is this a pure client development with an optional backend (server)? I have Spring/JPA/GWT RPC server side right now and i am using GWT-EXT with plain GWT mixture on the client. I am curious about integrating SmartGWT purely for it's looks and what it promises to offer in the area of Trees and data-binding.

Thanks for answering this basic question,
    Yev

Originally posted by ysbelman@gmail.com
    Hi,
    The product looks very slick. After reading a bit of overview documentation on SmartClient and SmartGWT, i am a little confused. Can someone explain to me it's relationship to pure GWT development, GWT-EXT project from Sanjiv and his group?
    Hi Yev,
    These's links might help :
    http://www.jroller.com/sjivan/entry/..._gwt_api_s_for
    InfoQ SmartGWT Q & A

Originally posted by ysbelman@gmail.com
    Is this a pure client development with an optional backend (server)? I have Spring/JPA/GWT RPC server side right now and i am using GWT-EXT with plain GWT mixture on the client. I am curious about integrating SmartGWT purely for it's looks and what it promises to offer in the area of Trees and data-binding.
    You are free to use any backend technology. SmartGWT has excellent REST support and you can also use Spring/JPA/ GWT RPC. Yes, the data binding features are really excellent. I have provided a brief introduction to it on my blog.

Hope this helps,

Sanjiv

Comment

I must have missed that blog entry. Thanks for pointing it out and for the InfoQ link. In a nutshell, SmartGWT is a complete rewrite to get out from under EXTjs and into SmartClient javascript cosebase.

SmartGWT handles "relogin" for me? Finally, no more custom hack solutions. I'm really interested in trying that.

PS. sorry to hear about your experience with EXT LLC. Hopefully now you can concentrate on making widget wonders by choosing good partners :)

Thanks,
      Yev.

Comment

Working...
      X