Smart GWT Mobile Evaluation questions
I would like to ask a few questions related to Smart GWT mobile when it is released. I am at the moment evaluating the product for my company.
1) When will it be mature enough to be released.
2) Will there be any support tools to generate native applications with phonegap, or will it be users responsibility.
3) Will there be any support for using mobile resources Camera, GPS etc directly from Smart GWT without including any phonegap library.
4) Will there be any push notification support?
5) At the moment, default sdk only supports IOS look and feel, when will Android look and feel be available?
6) Will there be any maps support both in Smart GWT and SmartGWT mobile.
7) My first evaluation is widgets are enough for mobile applications but for tablet applications it seems to lack lots of things. If common path for tablets is to use normal Smart GWT for more functional applications, same questions in 2, 3 and 4 for Smart GWT in tablets
1) it's stable enough to use now and is being used now for actual deploy apps, but will retain the beta tag a while longer. Commercial support is available for this product now as well.
2) see user_guide.html - how to do this is documented. We're unlikely to provide "tools" as such in the near term (it's not very many steps)
3, 4, 6) you can already leverage such features via JSNI (or various GWT examples / libs if you prefer). We may add samples of doing so to the Showcase.
5) we don't have a specific timeframe for this yet
7) 2&3 have the same answer. The SmartGWT Messaging module can be used for push support.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|call c library from smart gwt mobile||mkrellenstein||Smart GWT Technical Q&A||3||21st Nov 2012 05:39|
|smart gwt mobile what GWT version and get on iPHone||mkrellenstein||Smart GWT Technical Q&A||1||3rd Oct 2012 04:14|
|Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer 9 supported?||evansmith1||Smart GWT Technical Q&A||9||6th Feb 2012 09:48|
|Smart Gwt and Mobile Browsers||btekab||Smart GWT Technical Q&A||2||27th Dec 2009 11:27|
|The Smart GWT FAQ||Isomorphic||Smart GWT Technical Q&A||0||27th Oct 2009 17:41|