Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Debugging in hosted mode?

Hi,
    I've just set up eclipse with maven and the smartgwt 1.0b3 snapshoot according to the guide posted here. Now i'm trying to debug the initial example, i.e. I set a breakpoint on SC.say, run the app in debug mode with goal gwt:gwt, then the application loads, the messagebox appears, and nothing else. The breakpoint just never happens.

Did I misunderstand something or is SmartGWT not debuggable like GWT ?

I'm using Mac and Windows, and I'm able to debug GWT with the cypal plugin on both systems.

Thanks for your help!

Edit: I changed the gwt.xml to inherit com.smartgwt.SmartGwtDebug, too
    Last edited by gzenz; 13 Mar 2009, 04:34.

i have joined recently to smartgwt, my first test application works ok also in debug hosted mode

sample code:

public void onModuleLoad() {

Panel panel = new Panel();
    DataSource eventdS = new DataSource();
    DataSourceSequenceField eventIdField = new DataSourceSequenceField("eventId");
    eventIdField.setPrimaryKey(true);

DataSourceTextField nameField = new DataSourceTextField("name");
    DataSourceTextField descField = new DataSourceTextField("description");
    DataSourceDateTimeField startDateField = new DataSourceDateTimeField("startDate");
    DataSourceDateTimeField endDateField = new DataSourceDateTimeField("endDate");

eventdS.setFields(eventIdField, nameField, descField, startDateField, endDateField);
    eventdS.setClientOnly(true);
    eventdS.setTestData(CalendarData.getRecords());

Calendar calendar = new Calendar();
    calendar.setDataSource(eventdS);
    calendar.setAutoFetchData(true);

panel.add(calendar);

new Viewport(panel);

}

Comment

Originally posted by buliggi
      i have joined recently to smartgwt, my first test application works ok also in debug hosted mode
      Hi,
      my code also works in debug hosted mode - but debugging doesn't work. Even if I set a breakpoint to the first command in the onLoad method, the execution is never stopped and eclipse never goes into the debug view etc. like it should.

Comment

There is probably something wrong with your setup as I am able to debug and step through the code.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.art1
          There is probably something wrong with your setup as I am able to debug and step through the code.
          Ah so it IS possible, thanks for the information. Strange tho, I followed exactly the maven eclipse guide and get the same result on 2 systems :(

Are you using smartgwt 1.0b1 or the SVN version ? Do you use maven/eclipse, too?

Thanks!

Comment

I am on the latest build but its been working since beta 1. I don't use maven. I am using Cypal Studio

Comment

Yes I did it! The reason why I failed was that I had no clue about maven.

So to debug an application with maven do:

- follow the surefire approach mentioned here: http://www.homik.de/think/index.php/2008/07/31/debugging-maven-projects-with-eclipse/

- use port 8000 instead of 5005

- Start your SmartGWT application with gwt:debug as goal

Comment

why?

i am finding the answer too.

Comment

Working...
                X