X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Sending all fields on update for RestDataSource

Hi,

This issue has sort of been raised before:
    http://forums.smartclient.com/showth...asource+update

I've actually run into the same problem (despite having commented on that thread). To recap, the issue here is that only updated fields are being sent on an update. If the field hasn't changed, it isn't included in the record XML data.
    Now, I'm aware that "oldValues" would include other fields.

However, I'm using java's new "jax-rs" REST framework which is the new standard for REST in java.
    Unfortunately, this would need all the values to be sent to the server to bind to a java bean on the server side. Otherwise it would not be possible to use jax-rs annotations in conjunction with SmartGWT, which would truly, truly be a shame.

Is there any way to specify for all values to be sent to the server for DataSource/ListGrid updates?

PS. When I get this all working (and the Update Request problem is the last remaining issue), I'll be happy to contribute a SmartGWT extension or write up a detailed How-to on intregrating with jax-rs.

Can you not override transformRequest of RestDataSource and modify the request to the desired format? In your case that would be combining oldValues with the modified values.

Comment

OK, sounds good, I'll try that out

Comment

Working...
      X