No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Unable to deploy Development Console

Be sure your post includes:

1. the SmartGWT or SmartClient version and browser version(s) involved;

2. for a server-side problem, the complete logs generated during processing of the request;
    -- N/A

3. for a client-side problem, the contents of the Developer Console (see FAQ for usage);
    -- I can't access the Developer Console
    -- I have successfully imported the builtinds app and compiled it and run it with the following *.gwt.xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 1.6.4//EN" "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.6.4/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">

<module rename-to="builtinds">

<inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>

<inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools"/>

<inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEE"/>

<inherits name="com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools"/>

<entry-point class='com.smartgwt.sample.client.BuiltInDS'/>

</module>

but for some reason, I get the error described in item 4 below. I am relative new to SmartGWT, pls. answer in layman's terms if at all possible. Thx.

4. if there is a JavaScript error, the stack trace logged in the Developer Console (from Internet Explorer if possible); and
    --when typing in javascript:isc.showConsole() to the URL address bar, I get the javascript error 'isc' is undefined

5. sample code.

Posts with incomplete information are much more likely to be ignored.

Since the error is "isc is undefined", SmartGWT as a whole isn't loaded into the page where you're trying to launch the Developer Console. This could be because the SmartGWT application is actually inside a frame/iframe rather than directly on the main page? If so, he alternative approach of launching the Deveoper Console from a button (described in the FAQ) will still work.

Comment

Isomorphic said:
      "Since the error is "isc is undefined", SmartGWT as a whole isn't loaded into the page where you're trying to launch the Developer Console. This could be because the SmartGWT application is actually inside a frame/iframe rather than directly on the main page"

Would this be the case for the builtinds sample project, without any modifications except the added <inherits> tags?

In the FAQ, are you referring to the first two paragraphs of the "How do I use the Developer console?" section. If not, please refer me to the section of the FAQ that I should be looking at.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

No, it would not. If you haven't introduced frames, then the only explanation is that you are typing isc.showConsole() into a browser when there is no SmartGWT application loaded. The Developer Console can only be launched from a page where SmartGWT is loaded.

Comment

Working...
        X