Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

What does SmartClient have to do with SmartGwt?

I'm attempting to get a simple SmartGWT app running(I have the GWT toolkit and SDK installed in Eclipse). I've tried simple tutorials such as this one...

http://hilloldebnath.byethost3.com/2009/08/29/smartgwt-a-getting-started-guide/

When I run-as(Web Application) and I am provided with a link I double click the link. The only thing to show up is the text in the html(no SmartGwt components are shown). I keep seeing references(in documentation) to SmartClient but I am not sure of what it does. Do I need SmartClient to develop with SmartGwt components or is something else happening?

I will also provide the console output. There are some errors in the console also and I'm not quite sure what they mean...

Code:
      [WARN] Server class 'org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.listener.ELContextCleaner' could not be found in the web app, but was found on the system classpath
           [WARN] Adding classpath entry 'file:/C:/dev/tools/eclipse/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.6.0/gwt-2.6.0/gwt-dev.jar' to the web app classpath for this session
           For additional info see: file:/C:/dev/tools/eclipse/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.6.0/gwt-2.6.0/doc/helpInfo/webAppClassPath.html
        Linking modules
           Bootstrap link for command-line module 'com.test.smartgwt.TestSmartGwt'
              Linking module 'testsmartgwt'
                 Invoking Linker Cross-Site-Iframe
                    [ERROR] The Cross-Site-Iframe linker does not support <script> tags in the gwt.xml files, but the gwt.xml file (or the gwt.xml files which it includes) contains the following script tags: 
        sc/modules/ISC_Core.js
        sc/modules/ISC_Foundation.js
        sc/modules/ISC_Containers.js
        sc/modules/ISC_Grids.js
        sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js
        sc/modules/ISC_RichTextEditor.js
        sc/modules/ISC_Calendar.js
        sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js
        sc/skins/Enterprise/load_skin.js
        In order for your application to run correctly, you will need to include these tags in your host page directly. In order to avoid this error, you will need to remove the script tags from the gwt.xml file, or add this property to the gwt.xml file: <set-configuration-property name='xsiframe.failIfScriptTag' value='FALSE'/>
        [ERROR] shell failed in doSlowStartup method
        [WARN] 404 - GET /testsmartgwt/testsmartgwt.nocache.js () 1401 bytes
           Request headers
              Host: 
              User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
              Accept: */*
              Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5
              Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
              Referer: http://******8888/TestSmartGwt.html?gwt.codesvr=******9997
              Connection: keep-alive
           Response headers
              Content-Type: text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1
              Cache-Control: must-revalidate,no-cache,no-store
              Content-Length: 1401
        [WARN] 404 - GET /testsmartgwt/testsmartgwt.nocache.js (****) 1401 bytes
           Request headers
              Host: localhost
              User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
              Accept: */*
              Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5
              Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
              Referer: http://******8888/TestSmartGwt.html?gwt.codesvr=******:9997
              Connection: keep-alive
           Response headers
              Content-Type: text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1
              Cache-Control: must-revalidate,no-cache,no-store
              Content-Length: 1401
Working...
X