Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• mishamo
    replied
    They look like they work but have a similar problem to mine in that resizing the window frequently breaks the chart size. This is most apparent on the first page of the showcase with the stockchart.

Leave a comment:

• moxiesquinn
    replied
    FYI - We recently released the "GWT Highcharts" project as open source, which provides a complete (pure Java) GWT wrapper for Highcharts (and works within a SmartGWT container as well):

http://www.moxiegroup.com/moxieapps/gwt-highcharts/

Off of that page you'll find a link to the "Showcase" application which is actually a SmartGWT application.

Leave a comment:

• tnuic
    replied
    Same problem here. Any progress?

I have 2 problems integrating with smartGWT:

1) When I close a background tab that has a highchart, SmartGWT tries to set innerHTML to a null object. Analysing the SmartGWT developer console, it seems that I should be removing the widget from some cleaning stack that is used for closing the tab, but I dont know how to do it.

2) When i set the widget to 100% width and 100% height it goes beyond the boundaries of the enclosing SmartGWT canvas. Analysing the way widgets in SmartGWT resize, it seems that I should be resizing it to something less than the real container and then, resizing it back to fill the enclosing container. But I dont know how to do that in a safe way in SmartGWT.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

PS.: I'm using this http://vaadin.com/directory#addon/invient-charts as a base code for the wrapper os Highcharts to SmartGWT.
    Last edited by tnuic; 28 Jul 2011, 12:37.

Leave a comment:

• Calais
    replied
    Hello,

I'm with the same problem. Did you find any solution?

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• mishamo
    started a topic Best way to embed a div in a SmartGWT container?

Best way to embed a div in a SmartGWT container?

I am currently working with the HighCharts Javascript library and trying to embed some charts in a SmartGWT-based application.

HighCharts works by taking in a div element and rendering to that element; this makes it fairly simple to create a class that extends GWT's Widget, simply creating a class that extends widget and doing the following:

Code:
    element = DOM.createDiv();
    element.setId(id);
    setElement(element);
    Also overriding onAttach() allows any post-creation methods to be called.

I was wondering if a similar approach could be used to make this class extend Canvas (or some other SmartGWT widget) as currently I am having serious problems with resizing when this Widget is included in my layout. Every time I've tried to create a custom Canvas widget in the past it generally didn't show up at all..

Thanks.
Working...
X