Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Can I control case sensitivity in ListGrid filter editor?

Hi all and thanks for the good work.

I want to ask you if there is a way to make the default filter editor on a list grid to search ignoring case.
    I want to be able to use the default filter editor, but to make it use the ignore case operator, instead of the case sensitive search that is performed by default.
    Reading this forum I found that there is a way to control if matching is based on "Exact, Substring or StartsWith" criteria, but I couldn't find a way to control case sensitivity.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't think it matters, but anyways:
    SmartGWT 2.4 (I've also tried 2.5 from 07.07.2011)
    I am using this filter editor:
    Code:
      defaultGrid.setShowFilterEditor(true);

The default is not case sensitive. Something else is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
      The default is not case sensitive. Something else is wrong.
      I've just checked the showcase and of course, you are right :)
      Can I ask the logical follow up then - is there a way to make it case sensitive?

Comment

See autoFetchTextMatchStyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
          See autoFetchTextMatchStyle.
          First of all, thank you for your time. It is really great that you (guys?) try to answer almost all questions.

I think I know what can be achieved via autoFetchTextMatchStyle. This setting allows us to use "EXACT", "STARTS_WITH" or "SUBSTRING". How is that connected with case sensitivity?

Comment

Sorry, answered the wrong question. Matching is always case insensitive unless you uses AdvancedCriteria and specify operators that are case sensitive.

Comment

Working...
            X