Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Isomorphic
    replied
    Again, how are you running the tool? We would expect that, when you see the UI from your screenshot, you are already at the URL http://127.0.0.1:8888/extree/tools/batchDSGenerator.jsp. So how can you then get a 404 for that URL? If you aren't already at that URL, what URL are you at?

Leave a comment:

• p27939
    replied
    It generates the 404 when I add the fully qualified name of the Java Bean class to the "List of class names" text box.

If I don't populate it and just hit the ok button without having populated any fields then it says "DataSource Generator Messages:" with a blank area.

I don't have a database, I'm only looking to generate a DataSource from the beans.

Leave a comment:

• p27939
    replied
    Attached is a picture showing that I am at the correct URL and yet I'm getting the 404.

I also attached the server log.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    Also, please show the server-side logs that happen when you hit the OK button.

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    Wait, how are you running the tool? If you're seeing that UI, you should already be at the URL for which you are showing a 404.

Leave a comment:

• p27939
    replied
    I checked and it's there.

I attached the image that shows what I entered and the response at the top left.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    That doesn't make a lot of sense - you should verify that in your smartgwtee.jar you have com/smartclientee/tools/public/tools/batchDSGenerator.jsp - if so, then you can clearly see from the chain of <inherits> that this file should have been copied to the war/ area when you ran a GWT compile.

Leave a comment:

• p27939
    replied
    I did a GWT compile and tried again. There was no difference.

Below is the contents of the .gwt.xml.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <module rename-to='extree'>
      <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>
      <inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools"/>
      <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEE"/>
      <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools"/>

<!-- Specify the app entry point class.                         -->
      <entry-point class='com.gdc4s.ctia.extree.client.ExTree'/>
    </module>

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    This generally means your <inherits> are wrong in .gwt.xml, you are missing <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools"/> or you have not rerun a GWT Compile since adding this inherit.

Leave a comment:

• p27939
    started a topic Batch DataSource Generator Problem

Batch DataSource Generator Problem

I’m having trouble with the Batch DataSource Generator. I’m trying to generate a DataSource from a Java Bean Class. According to the instructions I’m just supposed to enter the fully qualified class name in the “List of class names” text box. I do that and I get the following error:

Code:
    Transport error - HTTP code: 404 for URL: http://127.0.0.1:8888/extree/tools/batchDSGenerator.jsp
    I’ve attached the server log and the result text from the developer console.

Just a note, I used the visual builder to generate the DataSource successfully providing the same fully qualified class name. However, I’m evaluating the EE version and I want to see this work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

Thanks.

SmartGWT version:
    v8.2p_2012-05-11/EVAL Development Only
    Attached Files
Working...
X