Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid FilterEditor for a column should allow only specific range of values.

Hi Support Team,

On a
    listGrid.setShowFilterEditor(true);

How can I customized the editor for a specific column that should allow only entering a specific range of values?

Thanks

Hi jessgarcia,

ListGridField + setEditorProperties, the parameter is a FormItem-subclass with a validator.
    Even better, if this is a client/server setting: Define a validator on the field in your .ds.xml-file for the DataSource the ListGrid is using.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Hello,

Actually that is not the answer I need. I need a validator for "FilterEditor" of the cell, like a mask for the Filter.

E.g.
      On a grid I have a column, that shows integers, I want that user can only type numbers in the Column Filter of the grid.
      Or a column that only shows IP's, the user should only be allow to type [0-9a-f.] chars in the column filter of the ListGrid.

That way user should not attempt to filter by values that do not even exists.

Thanks,
      Jessica
      Last edited by jessgarcia; 11 May 2017, 01:14.

Comment

Originally posted by jessgarcia View Post
        Hello,

I need a validator for "FilterEditor"
        So you need to use ListGridField.setFilterEditorProperties.
        HTH
        MichalG

Comment

Sorry yes, I overread the setShowFilterEditor(true). So use the API michalg gave and a FormItem with a validator (or a SelectItem, if you know the list of values upfront).
          If the validator approach does not work, try a setEditorValueParser() to null out unwanted values.

Comment

For IPs, you could try a TextItem with setMask()

Comment

Hi MichalG and Blama,

Thanks for your tips.
              I resolve it with listGridField.setFilterEditorProperties(TextItem.setKeyPressFilter("regex"))

regards,
              Jessica

Comment

Working...
              X