Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

11.1 Tahoe: filterOperatorIcon style hides part of text-content and doesn't position it correctly

Hi Isomorphic,

please see this screenshot (merge of 2 screenhots) of this sample (v11.1p_2017-08-16, Chromium 60). As you can see, the filterOperatorIcon is not positioned correctly on the right.
    I tried to fix it with those two rules in the Chromium "Inspect" you can see in the screenshot.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	filterOperatorIcon-content-and-positioning.png
Views:	76
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	248486
    Best regards
    Blama

We fixed the underlying problem here (enforced line-height in the icon's style attribute) and you can test out the fix in builds dated August 23 and later.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I can see the change in v11.1p_2017-08-23, but for me, the result in GC60 is not better than before - I still can't see the full logo:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	FilterOperators.PNG
Views:	73
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	248689

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

hmm - it looks like we missed something when porting this fix from 12.0 - we'll fix it today.

You can see what it should now look like by hitting the 12.0 version of that link you included.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

thanks, yes, those do look way better.

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

this still looks the same in v11.1p_2017-08-27.

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

Apologies for the delay - we've been doing some work on the skin system to better enable new color schemes - we'll get to this one shortly and update here when it's fixed.

Comment

OK, thanks. Not urgent for me.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                  we've been doing some work on the skin system to better enable new color schemes
                  If that means that it will be possible to give a main color and some light/pastel derived colors for e.g. the datePicker-calendar in the future, this is great!

Thank you & Best regards
                  Blama

Comment

Do you have an image of what you're after? We can ensure the classes are there to do it.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

my skin changes are at least 80% copying all css rules that define colors and fonts and overwrite the font and color definition there.
                      For Simplicity this is 1000 LOC overwrites with 200 LOC "real" changes / own stuff.
                      It's also tedious copy&paste and rechecks/manual WinMerge comparison after a nightly update that does touch the skin_styles.css, because I need to make sure that if the selectors change (which is seldom!) I also change them in my overwrites.

That is why you are asked from time to time for the internal SASS files, IMHO.

If it were possible to define colors 1-10 ("main color", "main color pastel 1", "main color pastel 2", "table background 1-4") and fonts 1-10 (named after their main use like "Window header", "ListGrid content", ...), this would enable me to get rid of the overwrites.

Best regards
                      Blama

Comment

Yes, these are some of the behaviors we're aiming toward - not releasing the SASS scripts, specifically, but easier configuration of the color scheme as a whole.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I'm not sure how you enable this, but if it something like "CSS variables in all browsers, also IE", then this would definitely help and also make management-presentations easier for potential new customers of yours.
                          If it is possible to also select a color scheme in the Showcase, this would be great and again make it easier for developers creating POCs to convince management.

An enhancement to this could also be easy font replacement, which would be valuable for me as well.

Best regards
                          Blama

Comment

Just a note that you might find it simpler to make runtime modifications of the style sheets ala our resizeFonts() method. This approach could be used to change a given color that we use consistently to some other color.

Further, since styles "cascade" and later definitions override earlier ones, you shouldn't have to maintain your CSS modifications as a complicated merge, it should be either another file or a series of overrides at the end of skin_styles.css.

Comment

I concur with writing just .css overrides to modify a skin rather than copying and modifying the existing skin_styles.css file. On upgrades where new styles have been added by Isomorphic you still get those rather than missing styles. It is usually easy to see them and add overrides only if needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X