Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid FilterEditor for DataSourceIntegerField possible?

Hello,

Is it possible to perform filtering on an integer field in ListGrid? Unfortunately using text type is negatively affecting sorting, for instance, 1, 10, 2, 20 instead of 1, 2, 10, 20.

Hi abthere,

did you see the filtering samples, e.g. this one?

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Yes, Area column can not be filtered unfortunatelly in that example.

Comment

This works just fine for me using Google Chromium 62:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ListGrid filter.gif
Views:	39
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	249942

Do you want filtering on substring and normal sorting?

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Blama , yes, exactly! Substring filtering just like text fields and sorting for integer fields.

Comment

Originally posted by Blama View Post
            Do you want filtering on substring and normal sorting?
            If so, try filtering for "~4" (see the description for "~" on the right). This does filter for me.
            I get a warning in the Developer Console ("WARN:DataSource:worldDS:Operator contains is not valid for field area. Continuing anyway."), but so soon as you allow the operator here, the warning should be gone and the filter value should be displayed IMHO.

Best regards
            Blama
            Last edited by Blama; 25 Oct 2017, 11:29.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

it seems the possible operators are settable at ds.xml-field level, perhaps they would also make sense on ListGridField? From my test in #6 it seems that they are not used on the server side for disallowing certain filter methods, so a setter on the ListGridField would help IMHO. Actually you already wrote they are settable somehow here.

Best regards
              Blama

Comment

This can already be specified on a DataSource, and we can't see a use case where allowed operators would be different per-ListGrid, so we don't plan to add an additional API there.

Comment

Working...
                X