Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

GWT DynamicForm colWidths doesnot works in IE

Hi All,
    I have created a dynamicForm with numCols="5" and colWidths="120 200 120 200 *" in chrome it's considering the respecting width which I have mentioned but in IE 11 it's not considering the provided width.

have attached the screenshots of UI for both browsers.

internet explorer more spaces

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_11392.jpg Views:	1 Size:	13.5 KB ID:	251953

chrome less white space
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_11393.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	251954
    here is the code which i have used,
    <smt:UIDynamicForm ui:field="searchForm" height="1" cellSpacing="2" cellPadding="2" numCols="5" layoutVAlign="TOP" titleAlign="LEFT" titleSuffix="{resources.titleSuffix}" margin="0" padding="0" colWidths="120 200 120 200 *" width="100%">
    <smt:UITextItem ui:field="searchString" title="{resources.enterNewSearch}" width="100%" colSpan="3" showTitle="false" titleVAlign="TOP" titleOrientation="TOP" length="8192" align="LEFT"/>
    <smt:UIButtonItem ui:field="searchBtn" title="{resources.search}" prompt="{resources.tooltipSearch}" autoFit="false" endRow="true" startRow="false" cellStyle="{style.formCellButton}"/>
    <smt:UIStaticTextItem ui:field="filterPrompt" value="" showTitle="false" colSpan="4" width="1" endRow="true" wrap="false" titleVAlign="TOP" shouldSaveValue="false" align="LEFT"/>
    <km:SelectItem ui:field="language" title="{resources.language}" width="100%" height="70" wrapTitle="true" multiple="true" multipleAppearance="GRID" titleVAlign="TOP" visible="false" align="LEFT" cellStyle="{style.formCell}" textBoxStyle="{style.selectItem}"/>
    <km:RangeSelectItem ui:field="rating" title="{resources.rating}" fromTitle="{resources.between}" toTitle="{resources.and}" cellHeight="10" rowSpan="2" wrapTitle="true" titleVAlign="TOP" align="LEFT" visible="false" cellStyle="{style.formCell}" textBoxStyle="{style.selectItem}"/>
    </smt:UIDynamicForm>

I have noticed that when we specify a * width to the last column, in chrome it's applied to only last column but in IE width is distributed to all the column to fit on the screen.

It will be great if anyone can help me on this.

Thanks,
    Raj
    Last edited by rajkrpatel; 22 Feb 2018, 02:41.

Your format for colWidths is not correct. It should be:

Code:
    <colWidths>
        <colWidth>120</colWidth>
        <colWidth>200</colWidth>
    </colWidths>
    .. as shown in samples.

Comment

thanks for the response.
      I tried this format of code but this doesn't work with my code. As my code is in a different format and its giving compilation error.
      And also one more thing before with the same code the feature was working fine in IE after upgrading gwt to latest version i have started facing this issue

Comment

Sorry, that doesn't make any sense at all.

We don't know what you mean by "As my code is in a different format" (another wrong format??), but, Component XML is not compiled so there cannot be a compilation error. In fact, since Component XML is not processed by GWT at all, you couldn't actually break anything with a GWT upgrade, so you must have changed something else.

Anyway, we've shown the correct format, and a sample where it works.

Comment

Working...
        X