Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Build or GWT compile clears Visual builder workspace directory

Not sure what I am doing wrong here but I have found that doing a build (using build.xml with war target), or a GWT compile. my visual builder workspace directory is cleared. The only file remaining (or recreated) is index.html. Is this expected behaviour? Is there a way of getting the visual builder to look elsewhere for project and screen files?

Thanks very much, Mark.

See server.properties - the settings project.ui (for screens) and project.project can be configured to store project and screen files outside of an automatic deployment area set up as part of a build system (where such builds often do default to clobbering).

Comment

I set the fields in server.properties and that certainly enabled my built app to work. I'm not sure if you are saying that we can point visual builder at another directory or not. I think not because I moved my project and screen files to shared/ui, restarted everything and the visual builder wasn't able to find my project (or screens).

Thanks, Mark.

Comment

Yes, you can point VB to other directories using the settings provided. Just set them to a path. More than one path entry is allowed as well.

Comment

Hello, thanks for that, however, I think I tried that (see comment #3) and the VB can't see anything if I remove them from the default location (workspace) and move them to shared/ui. Once I have screens in shared/ui and run in superdev mode then it always picks them up from there, which I guess is correct. My server.properties file has:

project.datasources: $webRoot/ds
          project.project: $webRoot/shared/ui
          project.ui: $webRoot/shared/ui
          project.apps: $webRoot/shared/app

Which I think is the default anyway. I assume you mean these setting in your comment #4 but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Thanks again, Mark.

Comment

The above information covers how to configure your project for the locations from where the various loaders retrieve specified files. VB uses DataSources to load/save files and these DataSources define the location of the target files. Specifically VB uses vbScreens and vbProjects DataSources defined in the VB directory. Change the projectFileLocations.location values as desired and restart VB. Read more about the options at https://www.smartclient.com/smartcli...tFileLocations

Comment

Okay, that is helpful thanks. I did actually add to build.xml to move the files to shared/ui before the GWT compile, then move them back again afterwards.

Thanks again, Mark.

Comment

Working...
              X