No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

File Upload issue - file name:null

Hi,

I am using smartgwt power edition 2014.

File upload is working on some systems (browser) and giving error(unable to upload) from few systems. Both systems have same windows OS. Is their any security setting not allowing it?

In log I can see:
    values:{
    fileContent:null
    },

I am using fileBrowser with FormItem inside DynamicForm

Sample Code :
    1)

<DynamicForm ID="uploadForm" height="90%" width="100%"
    autoDraw="false" cellPadding="5">
    <fields>
    <FormItem name="fileBrowser" title="File Content"
    constructor="FileItem" width="100%">
    <textAlign>center</textAlign>
    <wrapTitle>false</wrapTitle>
    <prompt>SelectFile</prompt>
    </FormItem>
    </fields>
    </DynamicForm>

2) DataSource:

<DataSource ID="fileUpload" serverConstructor="com.xyz.FileUploadDataSource">
    <fields>
    <field name="id" type="sequence" primaryKey="true" hidden="true"/>
    <field name="filename" type="text" length="300" required="false" hidden="true"/>
    <field name="fileContent" type="binary" />
    </fields>
    </DataSource>

Please let me know how to fix this issue?

Thanks,
    Shrikant N.
    Last edited by shrikanth; 14 Aug 2018, 07:12.

You seem to be claiming that different browsers, talking to *the same* server, sometimes upload a file or do not. We've never seen that before, please confirm that's what you're actually saying.

Then, to begin troubleshooting, use the network tools built into the browser to see if the browser is uploading the file at all.

There is no "security setting" related to the SmartGWT server that would cause certain browsers not to upload files.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

I mean different client systems(user windows machines) with internet explorer talking to *the same* server. It works properly in most of the user systems but few have issue.
      In my system it is working and not able to replicate the issue. I can't access the client systems.

Is it any client browser setting or system security setting related issue which is not allowing to fetch file and it's content?

Thanks,
      Shrikant

Comment

So again, to begin troubleshooting, use the network tools built into the browser to see if the browser is uploading the file at all.

There is no SmartGWT-related setting that would cause a file not to be uploaded. It's possible these systems have some sort of browser plugin blocking upload, or that these particular machines are going through a faulty proxy server.

Comment

Working...
        X