Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• tece321
    replied
    thanks. that helps. my issue was something else, but getting to a good state in Java Build Path and *.jar files is a v. good thing.

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    It's complicated but basically it's excluded because there's an incompatibility between asm-3.1 and GWT 2.7+. See this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Blama
    replied
    Hi tece321,

even if I don't remember all the details: Perhaps this and the further links there help.
    Your libs dir: See the docs for what you really need. I'm pretty sure you can strip this down a lot.

As FYI: In my 6.1 downloads, there is only asm-5.0.4.jar.

Best regards
    Blama

Leave a comment:

• Why is asm-3.1.jar Excluded from the copy Lib directive of build.xml in the Showcase

I am in the showcase example distributed in the SmartGWT 12.0p release dated 2018-11-30. In the samples/showcase/build.xml file.

I realize that this directive is probably the same in all releases. The build.xml contains:

<target name="libs" description="Copy libs to WEB-INF/lib">
    <mkdir dir="war/WEB-INF/lib" />
    <!-- Add any additional server libs that need to be copied -->
    <copy todir="war/WEB-INF/lib">
    <fileset dir="${basedir}/../../lib" includes="**/*.jar">
    <exclude name="smartgwt*.jar"/>
    <exclude name="asm-3.1.jar"/>
    </fileset>
    </copy>

Why is asm-3.1.jar excluded from the copy, and should we duplicate this removal in our project lib .jar copies? Why not exclude it from the distribution/zip file?

Are smartgwt*.jar are excluded because they are derived from the gwt2.8.2 Google distribution?

The background to these questions is that I'm having a hard time compiling the sources in Eclipse for debug, whereas our build and deploy ant script seems to work just finde, and I suspect that it is a difference between the Eclipse BuildPath libs for the project and what the ant deploy script is doing.
Working...
X