Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Since validateRow() returns synchronously, there is no way for it to tell you the result of a remote validation, which is asynchronous. However, you can find out if a field has errors with fieldHasErrors(), and you can find out that a validation response has just come back from the server by installing a transformResponse() handler on the DataSource.

Comment

I thought it was due to an asynchronous call. Thanks for the hint of how to get to the answer from the server.

Comment

I think I've found a mistake.

When ListGrid.setShowRowNumbers (true);
        an attempt to connect ValuesManager to the ListGrid,
        Code:
        ValuesManager vm = new ValuesManager ();
        [B]listGrid_Wyniki.setValuesManager (vm)[/B];
        causes an error in the browser console:
        TypeError: fieldName.contains is not a function.

When ListGrid.setShowRowNumbers (false) then there is no error.
        I need to display the numbers of the lines in ListGrid.

The browser debugger indicates an execution error in ISC_Core.js (line: 90995):
        var isDataPath = fieldName.contains (separator);

Tested on SmartGwt 6.1p from 27/05/2019

Additional info
        I have been looking further and probably more reason is change in ListGrid some value, and then manually call ListGrid.saveAllEdits () function.
        I am reminded that my current ListGrid and DataSource configuration is set in ClienetOnly (true) and SaveLocaly (true) with remote validation, so I use setEditValues (.., ..) to start remote validation. If I do not execute saveAllEdits (), this error does not appear, but I see all the time that the records have been modified (a different font color indicating that the cell has been edited), despite the fact that they passed the validation
        Last edited by rs@ciop.pl; 28 May 2019, 17:27.

Comment

A ValuesManager aggregates forms. What were you hoping would happen here?

Comment

I wanted to connect ValuesManager to ListGrida to find out if the column contains errors as a result of remote validation. I can not do it this way?

Comment

We already explained how to do this in post #16 in this thread, and it does not involve a ValuesManager, and again, it does not make sense to use a ValuesManager with a ListGrid.

Comment

Working...
              X