Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

GWT code not compatible with windows 10 as it was with Windows 7

Recently we migrated to windows 10 machine. When we are accessing one of our application which is written using GWT 2.7 where the UI is not working as expected. Same application will be working as expected when we are using Windows 7 machine. Can you please suggest do we need to update any libraries in code or software in IE .

Issue: Within application, When we are changing the screen from one tab to other , UI elements are not getting loaded properly.

There is no known reason why switching to Windows 10 would break a GWT app.

Please see the FAQ for all the information you need to gather in order to make it possible to help you.

Comment

Thank you for the advice,
      I found out that one my *.gwt.xml is having below configuration

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <!-- When updating your version of GWT, you should also update this DTD reference,
      so that your app can take advantage of the latest GWT module capabilities. -->
      <!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 2.5.1//EN"
      "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/2.5.1/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">

But currently we are using GWT2.7.0

Do we need to update below properties

<!-- <set-property name="user.agent" value="ie6" /> -->
      <set-property name="user.agent" value="ie8" />
      <extend-property name="user.agent" values="gecko1_8" />
      <extend-property name="user.agent" values="safari" />
      <extend-property name="user.agent" values="ie9" fallback-value="ie8" />

Comment

We have no way of knowing whether that might be the problem, because you haven't provided any of the extremely basic, critical information that is necessary in any kind of problem report. Again, the list of necessary information is in the FAQ.

Comment

As this is project perspective I cant give more details in forum. Therefore I have sent an mail to 'support@isomorphic.com'. Please reply to my mail

Comment

Working...
          X