Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

some record in the listgrid is displayed overlapping or blured

Hello Isomorphic,
    I face an issue while rendering the data in listgrid.

Here is what we are facing.
    Several records can not display correctly after setting the data the grid and scrolling the scroll bar as below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ITRON-1640.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	259734

However, I also saw some warning message via developer tool.

Code:
    ISC_Core.js:1185 *13:48:43.445:TMR9:WARN:GridBody:isc_EventDataTable_0_body:This grid is showing 3,337,779 rows. Due to native rendering limitations, grids with this many rows may not appear correctly on all browsers. Consider filtering the data displayed to the user to reduce the total number of rows displayed at a time. This will improve usability as well as avoiding unpredictable behavior.

In my implementation, I do set total count of the record as 3,337,779, but only set 5000 records in the grid.
    Do you have any suggestion to solve this issue?

This case ONLY happened when user move scroll bar to the bottom of the grid and scroll up slowly to see about last 10 records.
    Besides, only around last 10 records would be displayed with the issue. for more records above that, it fine.

Comment

That "ghosting" is a native browser bug that happens when you try to create a scrolling region that is millions of pixels tall. That's why we put in a warning message.

We haven't tried working around these problems because it's a terrible UE to show a scroll region with 3M+ rows. Among other problems, moving the scrollbar one pixel may jump thousands of rows. So, as the message tells you, you should redesign the UE so that some kind of filtering is automatically applied, or the user is required in some way to choose a subset of the data to view.

If you really really want to create such a huge scrolling region, consider Feature Sponsorship - we can apply tricks to make it seem like the scrolling region is that large, without actually creating such a region in the browser.

Comment

Working...
      X