Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

12.0p datasources.poolDynamicDataSources: true question

Hi Isomorphic,

before I create a testcase just a short question: How does datasources.poolDynamicDataSources: true in server.properties work (in 12.0p)?

Does it create a pool per HTTP Request or a long lived pool used over all requests as long as the application runs?
    • Without the setting I'm seeing a breakpoint hit many times my DynamicDSGenerator for every RESTHandler DSRequest to this DataSource.
      This is kinda expected (perhaps you need the DataSource many times while processing the request)
    • With the setting I'm seeing a breakpoint hit once my DynamicDSGenerator for every RESTHandler DSRequest to this DataSource.
      This is unexpected, I'd only expect it to be hit for the 1st request (or at least I'd expect it to stop after a few hits. Few hits might be OK because of this sentence "so your DynamicDSGenerator will only be called enough times to populate the pool".
    Thank you & Best regards
    Blama

poolDynamicDataSources creates a long-lived (cross-HTTP-request) pool.

About multiple DS generation calls for a single HttpRequest with pooling off: even with pooling off, once a DataSource has been loaded we hold onto that DS on the DSRequest for the duration of that request's execution. Some settings, or custom logic, might end up loading another copy of the DataSource, for example if you have DMI logic or a validator that does another DSRequest on the same DS.

About multiple DS generation calls over time, with pooling on: you should expect that your generator is called multiple times until a sufficiently large pool of DataSources has been created. If you see behavior that suggests a problem where the pool just keeps growing indefinitely, please let us know how to reproduce that.

Comment

Working...
    X