Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Isomorphic
    replied
    We can't really get a picture of your use-case with just the snippet you provided - but you don't want to be unconditionally calling setShowHint() (or any other API with expected proactive effects on the UI) from inside value-formatters - those methods are already running as a result of effects on/interactions with the UI and are also fairly critical-path, since they run in various circumstances.

Instead, you should see things work as expected if you call itemWithHint.setShowHint() from the changed() or click() handler that you're interested in, followed by a call to itemWithHint.redraw().

If you still see issues with this technique, please provide a standalone, working test-case we can run to see the problem.
    Last edited by Isomorphic; 27 Oct 2019, 01:05.

Leave a comment:

• RobertHana
    replied
    Ok I figured out it was an attempt at dynamically changing a StaticTextItem field (for the EventDialog) to hide/show it's hint. Here's the code:

Code:
    StaticTextItem field = [B]new[/B] StaticTextItem( "workDayCount", "Workday Count" );
    field.setHint( "Click to split this Event" );  // <-- 1/3 I commented THIS out to fix the issue
    field.setShowHint( [B]false[/B] );

field.setValueFormatter( [B]new[/B] FormItemValueFormatter() {

@Override
    [B]   public[/B] String formatValue( Object value, Record record, DynamicForm form, FormItem item )
        {
    [B]       if[/B] ( value [B]instanceof[/B] Integer )
            {
    [B]           int[/B] intValue = (Integer)value;

[B]           if[/B] ( intValue > 1 )
                {
                    item.setShowHint( true );  // <---- 2/3 I commented THIS out to fix the issue
    [B]               return[/B] "<div style='display: inline-block;' class='button ValueButton' title='Click to split this Event'>" + intValue + "</div>";
                }
            }

item.setShowHint( false );  // <----3/3  I commented THIS out to fix the issue
    [B]       return[/B] ( value != [B]null[/B] ? value.toString() : "" );
       }
    } );
    The idea was to only show the hint if the value is actionable (per the logic of the field's clickHandler).

Leave a comment:

• RobertHana
    replied
    Sorry, I was wrong about it being only the last field. It seems the start of the requests for blank.gif has an initial delay.

Leave a comment:

• RobertHana
    replied
    Ok here are my fields, and the problem only happens when I add the LAST field ...

Code:
    [B]public[/B] FormItem[] createEventDialogFields()
    {
        List<FormItem> array = [B]new[/B] ArrayList<FormItem>();
        array.add( createHiddenEventTypeField() );
        array.add( createNameEditField() );
        array.add( createDescriptionEditField() );
        array.add( createLocationField() );
        array.add( createStatusField() );
        array.add( createLaneField() );
        array.add( createWorkdayCountField() );
        array.add( createEventDialogDetailsField() );
    [B]    return[/B] array.toArray( [B]new[/B] FormItem[array.size()] );
    }

[B]private[/B] SubmitItem createEventDialogDetailsField()
    {
        SubmitItem field = [B]new[/B] SubmitItem( "details" );
        field.setShowIfCondition( [B]new[/B] FormItemIfFunction() {
            @Override
    [B]        public[/B] [B]boolean[/B] execute( FormItem item, Object value, DynamicForm form ) {
    [B]            return[/B] [B]false[/B];
            }
        } );
    [B]    return[/B] field;
    }
    Last edited by RobertHana; 26 Oct 2019, 10:56. Reason: formatted code

Leave a comment:

• RobertHana
    replied
    Ok i stopped it by commenting out the call to timeline.setEventDialogFields ... still working on narrowing it down

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    We're not seeing this with a simple test or in our Showcase.

You didn't mention your SGWT build-date, but if it isn't the latest nightly build from smartclient.com/builds, the first step is to get that build and re-test.

If you still see the problem, we'll need to see test-code we can run that shows the problem.
    Last edited by Isomorphic; 25 Oct 2019, 22:50.

Leave a comment:

• Bug using Timeline. Opening Dialog causes infinite fetches of t/sc/skins/Tahoe/images/blank.gif

On a client containing only a Timeline, opening an an event edit dialog, my browser gets hosed by constantly requesting /sc/skins/Tahoe/images/blank.gif. HELP!!!!!!!

SmartGWT 12.1d
    GWT2.7.0
    + gwtquery-1.4.0
    Java1.8
    Chrome 77.0.3865.120
    user.agent=safari

= Robert =
Working...
X