Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Size of SC folder 6.0 -> 12.1

Hi. When building our app for 12.1, i noticed that the war file is 40-50MB bigger compared to 6.0.

I did some digging and found out that the /sc folder is substantially larger, more specifically:

modules folder:
    5.8 -> 23.8 MB

modules-debug folder:
    19.9 -> 23.1 MB

system folder:
    7.5 -> 31.6 MB

So, i have a couple of questions:

1. Is there any documentation about these different folders and files (i didn't find any)?

2. Is there any way for me to figure out what of all this i need, and specify what to be included in the build, or in any other way reduce the size of these folders? There seems to be a lot of stuff in here not required for our application.

Thankful for pointers.

edit: this is my gwt.xml inherits:
    Code:
    <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>
    <inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools"/>
    <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEENoScriptNoTheme"/>
    Last edited by mathias; 7 May 2020, 00:50.

What happened here is that we switched from a single central file for the reference docs data to making it a module (ISC_ReferenceDocs.js), which did result in some repetition.

How is this impacting you?

Since the files involved are not loaded in a production deployment, it should have zero impact on performance of applications based on our technology, at all.

Similar, due to compression, it has basically zero impact on the download size for our SDK.

From what we understand, it has a small impact on disk space requirements - are we missing a more significant problem?

Comment

Yeah, it's basically just that it takes long time to upload into production if on a bad connection. :) Our WAR went up from around 95-100Mb to 150Mb. I noticed it, so i asked! That, and i like to keep things tidy.

Comment

Working...
      X