Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Isomorphic
    replied
    1) yes, and we've confirmed that it works - the file is called _userStyles.scss

2) in both cases, just add your customizations to _userStyles.scss - the builtin styles appear where they always appear, and your customizations are added to the bottom of the final skin_styles.css. Styles are cumulative so, assuming your custom style has exactly the same name (it, .toolStrip, with an upper-case S), then your customizations appearing later in the file is entirely expected and correct.

3) The styles you're seeing there are special customizations that configure the skin in our Showcases - it's added there by our internal build process. We'll correct the comment/content mismatch for later builds, and if you want a comment above your own customizations, once they end up in skin_styles.css, you can just add one to the top of _userStyles.scss

Leave a comment:

• mathias
    started a topic A couple of questions about saas skinning

A couple of questions about saas skinning

Hi, i am trying to get the compass thing up and running. We got some custom stuff from you in the summer and i'm trying to update it with the latest version of the Stratus skin.
    I have gotten it to work, i just have a couple of things i haven't gotten my head around:

1. We have a couple of totally custom styles that we have pasted in manually in at the bottom of old versions of our custom skin_styles. This is supposed to go into _userstyles right?

2. If i look into styling of toolStrip, our look like this right now:
    Code:
    .toolStrip {
                border-left: 1px solid transparent;
                border-right: 1px solid transparent;
                border-bottom: 1px solid #cccccc;
                border-top: 1px solid #cccccc;
                background-color: transparent;
            }
    However, if i look into _base.scss, there seem to be only one possible attribute for border?
    border: $toolStrip_border;
    Is it possible to specify for example border-left?

Same with this style, not sure how to specify it in the userstyles file since i can't find any attributes for them in base:
    Code:
    .treeSelectionOver {
                border: none;
                -webkit-box-shadow: none;
                -moz-box-shadow: none;
                box-shadow: none;
            }
    I tried putting toolstrip also in _userstyles, but then i have two .toolstrip in the compiled skin_styles, the default one, and another one in the bottom.

3. In the stratus skin, there's a divider saying "Styles below this comment are not used by default in this skin" and then there's a bunch of styles under it. If i compile, all of that gets erased. Can you explain this? There's nothing in the skin's _userstyles file. If it's not part of the compile (and i can see no references to it in the template folder), how did it get in originally?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mathias; 4 Feb 2021, 04:36.
Working...
X